Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellas for a pretty long time I ran with 4GB of RAM @ 1112Mhz. I have choice for 927 and also choice up to 1900Mhz and everest told me it has DDR3 1333 support. Whatever, I think I can use DDR3 RAM on my board.

now back to the question @ hand.

Same exact RAM I added 4GB

so 8GB and now 1112Mhz doesn't work anymore. I tried everything until I gave up. Either I go 4GB @ 1112Mhz or 8GB @ 926.

I have tried different RAM timings but whenever I do the system doesnt start, or as soon as windows is about to start it reboots.

My question now is, is there a certain RAM timing I can change to allow 1112Mhz, Ive tried 7 7 7 21 , and it doesnt boot. I tried 9 9 9 25 doesnt boot lol.

My guru friends what can I do here, is there a special timing I can use to boot up 8GB ,, or , I just have to have it @ 926 ,, anyhow
thank you all for help

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 18 is # 1
View Post

You were very lucky your first set could go that high. Are you sure the second set can go over 1000 by itself?

I was just going to ask the same thing. what can the other 4Gb kit OC to? Your ram will only run whatever the lowest attainable ram speed is for any of the 4 modules.

Also note 4 modules is harder to run high OCs with since it puts more strain on the NB (as already mentioned)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
definitely, 1.4V-1.5V will be prime for this mobo. good luck! =)

Tim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andr3az
View Post

If you add more ram, northbridge and MCH might need extra volt.

·
Banned
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you soo much everyone for your kind replys. I get the picture now.

What about Clock Over Charge Mode ,

Also I tried the ram @ 2.0 2.1 2.2 and 2.30v same thing.

You guys are right the other set might not be soo OCable, or might be same. but once you go to 8GB your OC dies,,, thank you soo much, Im clear on this ,,

·
Banned
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok in Everest it says my mobo supports DDR3 1333 . When I go into BIOS I can see memory frequency of 1909 if I set the FSB high enough. What's up with that ???

Soo can I buy DDR 1600 and stick it in this mofu , 8GB of it ,, and part with my SKILLs ,,,

hmmmm Im already thinking of future, my next CPU will be the QX9450 soo I can OC that to 4.6Ghz and have the 6MB cache 45nm... hmmmmmmm Gosh I hope it isn't a arm and a let for DDR3 1600 , if yall say I can use it on my box. thanks

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
No, the memory frequency will increase up to whatever the FSB is since it's linked, but if you actually try it, it might not support it. Meaning if you purchase DDR2-1600, it may not run up to it but you do have the FSB for it, so who knows. With a lot of voltage you might be able to get it to run.

Good mobo though.

Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts