Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
X58 Enthusiast
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got myself an Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe Cablecard tuner to replace my cablebox since I already have an HDMI cord running from my PC to my TV. Normally I would just use my phone to control my TV and PC using Peel since it has a built in IR transmitter (Samsung GS6 Edge), but recently my digitizer cracked and damaged the screen making it almost impossible to do anything on my phone. For the meantime, and just to have a backup incase something happens, I'd like to get a physical remote for WMC that can also control my TV (Just basic controls to power it on, change volume, and maybe change source).

So are there any basic HTPC/WMC remotes that can also control a TV (other than something expensive like the Logitech Harmony)? Or would my best option be to buy a regular universal remote and use a Flirc IR receiver to make it work with WMC?

·
X58 Enthusiast
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOwlHootHoot View Post

How much money are you trying to spend?
I'd like to keep the cost at the $30-50 range, including an infrared receiver for my PC.

Edit: Was looking at this, looks like it should be able to do the job along with an IR receiver for my PC.
http://www.amazon.com/Inteset-INT-422-Universal-Backlit-Learning/dp/B00M4I1BAY?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A284XEE8MWZJWL

Any suggestions for a cheap IR receiver, or should I just get the Flirc and have the possibility or re-programming a different remote?

·
X58 Enthusiast
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up going with the Inteset remote + Flirc reciever. Works exactly how I need it to. Although the Inteset has WMC & Kodi controls programmed into it, because of the way Flirc works I had to do a bit of a workaround (It takes ir inputs and maps them to be a keyboard input).

I just set the remote to work with my tv for input 1 and for a random dvr for input 2, then used the signals from input 2 to remap them to WMC via the Flirc software and now I have a button for all of the WMC shortcuts and am able to change volume and input on my TV, plus I can turn off my TV all with the same input (I was able to use the remote's learning feature to program my tv's remote for just the power/input/volume to the second profile). Thanks to Flirc I can use any remote to control my pc now, even if it's not programmed to work with WMC/Kodi or anything else on a PC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts