Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using an X2 3800, running 220 mhz base, HT multiplier 4, CPU V 1.375. If I set it > 220 mhz the PC won't boot. It doesn't even load the VGA bios (I don't get it) and the error lights come up red/yellow red/yellow. I have to do a HW reset of bios to get it back.

MSI K8N board latest bios.

Any ideas?

Tim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Memory timings are fine, but why wouldn't the VGA bios even boot? My LCD panel would just go from "analog/digital" search and nothing at all would boot.

Tim

·
Banned
151 Posts
It really sounds like a RAM problem, but with RAM like that, I sincerely doubt it. Overclocking can be very tricky, and you have to get all of your settings JUST right or BOOM! it crashes. Check your HT Multi. Also check and see if it boots with the same settings but a higher vcore. Those could all be potential problems. Did you mess with PCI-E frequency settings at all? That could also be a problem.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
If you have your PCI-E bus locked to 100MHz it'll do that to you too. Try raising it to 105 and see what happens.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
I had problems overclocking with OCZ Plat. I could only get to 220 with my highest Vcore on my Abit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.