Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am having a problem with my computer. The specs are: P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3.2, 2 Gigs of Corsair XMS, Radeon 9800 Pro 256, and two Western Digital SATA hard drives. One is 80 gig and the other is 200 gig. Both are running SATA but no raid. My problem is that I picked up a virus and was trying to boot into safe mode to remove it but the computer would not go into safe mode. I select to option to boot into safe mode, the screen flashes a bunch of files and then it loads Windows XP Pro normaly. I thought I would be smart and use the msconfig command to boot into safe mode, but now my computer will not even load windows. It gets to the windows loading/logo screen and about 3 seconds into it it restarts itself. I have heard that I might have to throw the drivers for the SATA onto a floppy disk to use while booting into safe mode but im not sure where to find them or how to get it to recognize the files. I have checked the ASUS website and have not found anything that I can recognize as a driver for my SATA drives. Tech support is useless. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts