Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a rather weird issue. I just RMA'd another manufacturer's RAM because of instability on my system and got the TW3X4G1600C9D Corsair kit. I ended up buying 2 of those kits so I could get 8 gigs. I installed it, it recognized all 8 gigs fine on the BIOS. I let it load on all auto settings into windows. I ran CPU-Z and it picked up the memory as 533MHZ with a timing of 7-7-7-20. I restarted and it wouldn't POST. I hit the restart button, POSTed fine and I went into BIOS. Manually set it at 1600MHz, timing of 9-9-9-24, memory voltage of 1.8, NB voltage of 1.4, and HT voltage of 1.2. Memtest picked it up as 533MHz. I took 2 sticks out, and memtest picked it up as 667. So I put the 2 other sticks back in and it went back to 533 MHz. CPU-Z says the same.

The weird thing is the intermittent non-POSTing. When I restart by the BIOS or memtest or something, it won't POST. When I hard restart, it POSTs fine. I'm totally stumped on this one.

Thanks in advance!

·
No desktop currently :(
2,134 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoolGuy
View Post

DDR= Double data rate (Or some thing around those lines)

Dont worry your running 1066

That's the problem... He's trying to run them at 1600. I used that same board in a build for a friend, and it gave us that exact same problem, and we were only using 2x2GB sticks. I would set them to 1600, but they'd be picked up as 400 MHz (800 MHz effective) by CPU-Z, and then it would fail to boot after restarting. We just had to restart it a bunch of times and the settings finally took. I guess it's just a quirky model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.