Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is keyboard related, hope it's ok to post here.

Today, I've also received a wooden wrist rest personally custom made by Eric Barney and all I can say is wow!!! I've had this picture for a while and when Eric mentioned that he's good with wood works and stuff, I thought I ask him to make one for me.

][/URL]

First the packing was excellent. It was shipped via USPS with tracking number in a medium priority box marked "Fragile" and to be handled with care. Sorry I didn't take any picture of the box/packing.

It's made for my Realforce 87UB and all I did was gave him a link to Leopold.co.jp page which has the measurements for this particular board.

Bottom of the wrist rest stand has 4 large rubber pads which prevent it from sliding around.

There are some minor imperfection but that's to be expected when working with wood (pic #3 above) but the wood grain, the finish, fittings, etc. are superb.

Any question please let me know and as for the price, I'm afraid you'll have to ask Eric himself. Just shoot him a pm if you're interested. He's a cool guy and obviously very talented. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw this thing.

Edit: typing on wrist rest is a pure joy. I always hate those mushy-feeling wrist rests and this one gives just the right support and the surface is very smooth (it's been sanded and lacquer coated, I think). Also it doesn't wobble around and works perfectly with the keyboard legs up (perfect angle).

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looks great,,,dont know whats nicer .... the wrist rest or the RF87UB with the yellow keycaps.

I'll have to ping eric and see what he is charging for one.

·
Premium Member
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Draggin
View Post

How much?

Just shoot him a pm and ask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandios
View Post

Wow it looks great!

All I can say is those pictures don't do justice to the real thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpm804
View Post

Looks great,,,dont know whats nicer .... the wrist rest or the RF87UB with the yellow keycaps.

I'll have to ping eric and see what he is charging for one.

Heh, some here may not like those yellow Topre key caps but yeah, send him a PM to get a quote.

·
Premium Member
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Barney;14467448
Thanks for the nice review R~, Enjoy your wrist rest!

I will be making some more of these over the next few weeks. Pic's to follow...
You're welcome and hope my threads (both here and on GH) help keep you busy for awhile.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Barney;14467448
Thanks for the nice review R~, Enjoy your wrist rest!

I will be making some more of these over the next few weeks. Pic's to follow...
Here are some more in progress. I have been trying some different colors. These should look quite good when they are done.
DSC_1588.jpg

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Barney;14745653
Here are some more in progress. I have been trying some different colors. These should look quite good when they are done.
DSC_1588.jpg
Are you teasing me.I want another one so let me know when it is done.Thanks and Keep up the awesome work man.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Barney;14745653
DSC_1588.jpg
hey do you make those keyboard wrist rest for HHKB Pro 2 keyboards. Because i really like your wrist rest. I have a Filco Majestouch MX cherry RED board with a Leather Filco rest but i cant find a good leather or hardwood rest for my HHKB or KBC Poker 40% Cherry MX Red keyboards. They are both the same size but are smaller then the tenkeyless boards. Also how much do you charge. I am very interested

1 - 20 of 178 Posts