Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Omg i think i may have fryed my 9250.... i had it overclocked from 240/166 to 267/182 and the screen turned black while playing a game. when i exited it... it is still being detected but, when i try to run any 3d things it wont display it. and when i scroll down on the web page it is VERY choppy. Hmmm ill restart it and ill be back on in a min to tell u guys...

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
its not fryed but it was very hot when i touched it i would say it was problly 65c

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
I agree--I have done that just recently with my ATI X1950pro--totally hosed the drivers--gave me blue screens and the frozen mouse and I thought I may have killed it--then I reinstalled and all was good.

Not sure how exactly a piece of hardware is corruptng code--in my mind the Vcard is seperate from the HDD and CPU and RAM--but in the PC's POV it is not a seperate entity exactly--I guess it is sharing resources--including it's RAm and GPU so if it hand back a string that is corrupt then that can fould up the entire sys.

Wish I knew more about this stuff...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.