Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait to see what this thing will do, I've got a 2.2ghz northwood p4 that ouroboros1827 sent me, he didn't know if it worked or not...and I saved it from getting exacto-knifed to death LOL
anyway I tested it in another comp of mine, and it worked. So I'm gonna pop it in the rig in my profile, and see what it can do as far as overclocking

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wowza

Sheesh you and those via chipsets, your breaking the law of Via chipsets being bad OCers.

LMAO!! Yeah, nice oc Chief. What was you old cpu?

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

LMAO!! Yeah, nice oc Chief. What was you old cpu?

I belive he had a 1.8GHz northy (400FSB) that he had to 2.4GHz stable (2.8 into windows) on that same board...Correct me if I am wrong..

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep! your correct, and if I had a better cooler and stuff, I'd have had that 2.8 stable, at least I believe so.

I bought this board for 40 bucks on ebay, it sells for like 60 everywhere else lol, so I think I have a good deal

EDIT: nevermind....they're discontinued now LOL

also...how good is the D1 stepping, my old p4 was a C0 or something...

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch13f121

yep! your correct, and if I had a better cooler and stuff, I'd have had that 2.8 stable, at least I believe so.

I bought this board for 40 bucks on ebay, it sells for like 60 everywhere else lol, so I think I have a good deal

EDIT: nevermind....they're discontinued now LOL

also...how good is the D1 stepping, my old p4 was a C0 or something...

The D1 stepping is intel's 4 Gen stepping (3G for your processor), so for your processor, they made a D1, C1, B0

it went B0 --> C1 --> D1

So It's the best stepping out of the 3. So yea, you got a sweet processor on your hands, and that 20 multi will add to that clock speed

·
Registered
415 Posts
Quote:

So It's the best stepping out of the 3. So yea, you got a sweet processor on your hands, and that 20 multi will add to that clock speed

The 2.0ghz northwood is a 20 multiplier. The one has has is a 22 multiplier which means even higher clock speeds

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got some sisoft arithmetic and multimedia benchies I'll post them in a bit.

EDIT: Aaaand here they are!

ahh there we go, better

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Quote:

Sheesh you and those via chipsets, your breaking the law of Via chipsets being bad OCers.

Heck my via chipset has overclocked my Celey 335 2.8 to 3.5 stable after 12hours of Prime95. Of course thats as far as the board will go due to the limited bios. 165 is the highest FSB it will go with a 533 chip.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright, I broke 3ghz....just gotta see if its stable, I had to make the agp/pci 68/34, which isn't bad at all
cpu-z screen coming up

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah I'm gonna keep going up with the voltage turned as high as it can go, and i'm gonna plug in numbers to see where I can go...I'm gonna try for 3.2ghz or something

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, I got a cpu-z screen of 3.0ghz. I couldn't figure out how to make a new verified oc thing..so I just took a screenshot. It's legit, I promise lol.

I also ran prime95 and got an error...but I think prime had a spaz, because occt's stability test ran through ok.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does prime ever mess up like that? or is my oc maybe 98% stable or something?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts