Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just applied for a job at Samsung America for a PC/Netweork Tech. Its a 3-6 month contract with hire. This would be so awesome since I'm still in my junior year in college and would be great to put on my resume instead of just geeksquad(of course I will keep this as a side job for discount
).

Position is paying 18-22 an hour. Before you know it, those memory controllers you guys love so much will have a bit of sexy gexy in it

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
dang thats great! wish i had enough experience to apply for that. im doing IT management so im getting screwed bc my teachers suck and dont actually teach anything.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Congrats!

I can't even get a job at geek squad

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by IBuyJunk View Post
Congrats!

I can't even get a job at geek squad

Trust me you don't want one. Someone else in the store explains a service or warranty wrong, we get yelled at when we say it's not covered or we can't help you regardless of the situation.

Plus the managers are dicks like you wouldn't believe. If you try to submit an idea the pretty much laugh in your face or look at you like your stupid

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Nice! I'm planning a server build with lots of Samsung drives in mind. Could you cut me a break?

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gex80
View Post

Before you know it, those memory controllers you guys love so much will have a bit of sexy gexy in it

You really... really like memory controllers, don't you?

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDeodorant
View Post

You really... really like memory controllers, don't you?

No just their tv's all my TV(3) are samsung and my monitor. My hp laptop has samsung memory in it too.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Trust me you don't want one. Someone else in the store explains a service or warranty wrong, we get yelled at when we say it's not covered or we can't help you regardless of the situation.

Plus the managers are dicks like you wouldn't believe. If you try to submit an idea the pretty much laugh in your face or look at you like your stupid

My only job prospect after 4 years of college is a crappy job stocking shelves. Geek squad would actually be wayyyy better than this.

I would have a hard time with their unethical practices, though.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sort of on topic...did you know that Samsung also makes subway train cars?

Anyways, good luck! That'd be sweet if you got the job!

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by IBuyJunk
View Post

My only job prospect after 4 years of college is a crappy job stocking shelves. Geek squad would actually be wayyyy better than this.

I would have a hard time with their unethical practices, though.

I do too but its a paycheck and it's something to write on a resume rather than nothing.

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I recently received a reply from them WOOT. They want more info from me. I hope I get this job it's only like a 20 minute drive from my house and I would get 18-22 an hour but I'm askin for 20-23 an hour.

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE #2: Ok they called me just now and they want to interview me tomorrow at 1:30. It turns out it's a contract to hire but most IT i've seen are. the HR manager is forwarding my resume to the hiring manager woot.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Quote:

View Post

UPDATE #2: Ok they called me just now and they want to interview me tomorrow at 1:30. It turns out it's a contract to hire but most IT i've seen are. the HR manager is forwarding my resume to the hiring manager woot.

Great success. Now when do you start getting Spinpoint F3's for 75% off?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts