Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have decided to take my current loop to the next level by cooling the Mosfets and NB/SB of my Classified board. Also I decided to check my CPU block in the process. Not the best pictures sorry.

Blocks:
Bitspower Mosfet Black Freezer
Bitspower NB/SB Black Freezer

The before.

Nice new blocks.

Drained the loop.

The CPU block .

Heard that Ketchup is usually good to clean copper. So I decided to try it out.

Well worked alright but I want it a little cleaner than that.

Next I went and tried boiling it in a mix of water and vinegar with better results.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now the mounting of the blocks.

Time to put the loop together. Wouldn't you know it the block was left out and someone forgot that copper oxidizes.

So to clean up this mess I decided to soak it in a bowl of water/salt/lemon juice. I achieved this afterward. Much cleaner now.

Put the loop together before anything can happen to my block again.

Wouldn't you know it! It turns on!

Final Outcome

Let me know what you guys think. I do plan on painting the inside black during the summer when I have time away from school to do it.

Before
NB Temps ~55C (idle in Bios)
VReg 55-60C

After
NB Temps ~30C (idle in Bios)
VReg 29-33C

·
Banned
8,014 Posts
Temps before and after on the x58 please, I want to get a block for my mobo soon also to cover VRs, x58 and the ICH10R

·
Linux Lobbyist
2,039 Posts
I reccomend rinsing with regular water->isopropyl->distilled water after cleaning a block with lemon/lime juice.
Those BP blocks are too sexy. Wish they didn't cost so much T_T.. my p6t v1 just doesn't seem worth the extra $140 in cooling Lols.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The NF200 on those classified gets ridiculously hot. Whatever genius decided not to put a fan on that boards nb/sb/mosfets/vregs or anywhere on that heatpipe system should be shot in the face.

Nicely done on the setup, very clean build.

Edit - Also, why do are almost all of your fans exhaust? It doesn't seem like you have a very set path for cool air to come in and out of your case. Wouldn't it be better to make the two fans at the bottom of your case intakes, to draw cool air up and out through the top/back. This will also make your case have positive pressure...better when it comes to dust control.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by 88EVGAFTW
View Post

Temps before and after on the x58 please, I want to get a block for my mobo soon also to cover VRs, x58 and the ICH10R

Before
NB Temps ~55C (idle in Bios)
VReg 55-60C

After
NB Temps ~30C (idle in Bios)
VReg 29-33C

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaero252

I reccomend rinsing with regular water->isopropyl->distilled water after cleaning a block with lemon/lime juice.
Those BP blocks are too sexy. Wish they didn't cost so much T_T.. my p6t v1 just doesn't seem worth the extra $140 in cooling Lols.

Don't worry definitely rinsed them off. Yes they are very sexy esp in person.

@quentin

Thank you. Well I have the 760 so I don't have to worry about the NF200 chip, but yes the NB still runs hot. As far as the fans go I switched the bottom fans around once I realized that my graphics cards temp didn't change and I was like

1 - 7 of 7 Posts