Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
AWESOME build idea and AWESOME components!!

Glad you can have some more enjoyment time with your new job!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Photos are def going up today =p
The has been a small design change since last update..... I hop you guys are going to like it
smile.gif

So far I'm in the painting stage, the only other panel I have yet to mod is the window side panel.
planing on open ending it up a heap more and changing the edging design from a straight cut to a cut the more suits the rest of the panels.

But for now I am stuck on the train so I'm out!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ha Ha enjoy the "QR" experience. Seeing its such a fast pace ontime service you should have a bit of time to get thinking about what next to do for your build. Looking forward to the results. Great results so far.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
So i am going to upload the photo's in order of which they were taken, so first up we have the GPU water cooler being fitted.

pulling the old cooler off was simple, just undid the screws and it fell apart, was really important to use the right screwdriver as the screw heads stripped very easily.

So i got the HeatKiller hole edition for my GTX680 along with the Heat killer Back plate

Went on nicley and is now back in the box awaiting final fitting

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So i was without a camera for most of the top section being done so i wont upload the finished product photo's of it just yet, i will start by posting the progress on the other items

So for the top panel i started by cutting out the grill, and as u can see under it i have a section of aluminium marked out to use as a insert for the now empty section ( this is where the photo's stopped lol)

We will come back to the top later

So here is the design change I went with... I decided to give it all a textured look by roughly coating it all in a poly bog.

Fully coated, unsanded

Sanded and prepared for paint

Under coated

Also did the drive bays
I gave them a rough sand to give the bog something to stick to

These are now at the undercoat stage and ready for final paint

i painted up the mesh for the previous inserts as well

So all that is good to go for painting... I had trouble getting any of the following photos in a low glare environment, but I did what i could with the lighting I had. The light betrays you a bit by making it look like there is a gloss to the panel when in fact it is actually matte black.
I hope it looks as good to you as it does to me, I was extremely happy with the end result

all the other pieces bar the side panel are up to the final painting stage including the inside of the case which will be a matte wildfire red, so we are on the home run =)

·
nVidia Enthusiast
772 Posts
love the design and hardware going into this.. great build!
cheers.gif

21 - 40 of 83 Posts