41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by justgus View Post

What in good gracious is poly bog? It looks freakin awesome, def subbed
I mislabeled that a bit lol... what i meant was an epoxy putty, basically used for repairing ANYTHING.
The stuff sets like steel.

I used this stuff

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
After a month of waiting it finally showed up! woot

So i am on the home stretch now and can finally start putting some of it together, main purpose to this part assembly was to get measurments for my bottom shelf ( pictured below )

I have since taken the shelf out and routed the shattered pattern into the top of it and am now deciding where the grommets would be best suited for the tubing to pass through

Made the window full sized and coated the edging in in bog to give it the textured appearance. it is now under coated and is almost ready for paint

I am finding myself running in circles a lot now i am nearing completion, i need to write a list down to keep myself focused as i am wasting to much time =/

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Hello. I'm new to OCN. I just purchased a switch 810 and I came across your build log here while looking for ideas. I just read the whole thread.
I think the shattered earth thing you got going on is great. Very original. I must say I am not a fan of the paint finish though. It's very off putting to me. I think if it didn't have that gloss it would look a ton better! Just my opinion though. Go with what you like best. Either way this is off to an amazing start and I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

/subbed

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
You will be happy to know that the item in person has no gloss/sheen to it, it was painted with matte black and a matte clear gloss. Seemingly because of my photography inexperience I was unable to take a picture with out the whole lot look entireley flat black or the flash catching on the clear coat giving it a glossy appearance.

I searched for well over a week to get a paint to match the previous color of the case to no avail, even went so far as trying to get 3 different suppliers to match and mix the paint.
So after about $180aud wasted on paint that I was not quite satisfied with i ended up picking a completely different shade of matte black (ea supplier provided a different shade) that would complement a two tone coloring scheme.

By the way, after informing sales attendants what my enquiries were related to they all became very unhelpful... Geekscrimination I say. I tell all sales staff that ask now that it is either for a custom guitar body or car stereo mods lol this has gotten me far more interested sales staff and by far more helpful!

·
Did you say Abe Lincoln?
3,148 Posts
Extremely sub worthy, looks beautiful.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
So i decided agaisnt putting the bottom shelf in as i didnt like the look of it and it was going to cause havov with the botom radiator... which has finaly put me at the assembly stage!

so, felt like sex dropping this in =)

i bought anti vibe fan mounts for all the fans aswell which were also an issue as the didnt allow me to butt the fans up next to each other so i had to trim and hack the crap out of them

All the rads dropped in fine and fit like a charm

The pump didnt look as out of place as i thought it would, actually looks quite nice ( again was having trouble with glare and couldnt find tri-pod for any long exposure shots )

So!! the i was... all ready for leak testing in went 1L then 2L.....

THEN.... DISASTER STRUCK!!! DUN DUN DUN
in my sleep deprived state i had not noticed that the screws attactching the fans to the bottom XSPC 240 rad were too long!! and in result they had punctured the fins..
SO! back onto PCCasegear i went and ordered a heartlabs GTX 240 gen two rad which rocked up the NEXT DAY!! thanks guys

so i put it all back together with the new rad

AND to my releif it took the water fine and have so far had no leaks!!!

So now im am down to the nitty gritty of it all, i am cable sleeving the components as i am putting them in.

Couldnt help but have a bit of a sneak peak of what the lights would look like so i plugged a few in

So there you go, its on the home run just the sleeving and the lighting effects/switches left to go.

OH almost forgot, i grabbed another one of the vertex 4 128gb SSD to run in raid0. yay

41 - 60 of 83 Posts