Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question I haven't had to ask in a very long time but...I guess any time is as good as any.

I'm building an assortment of PC's for a Magazine company...I have every computer mapped out, the NI done...Only thing I'm missing is production.

They each do a lot of encoding on their own, videos etc...So, I've got them on 8150's...My question is, in regards to graphics cards.

I came out WAY under what I had planned the budget to be (Mostly because of Newegg's weekend sale) but, I'm almost wondering if getting a higher-end card would make a difference at all in their day-to-day.

I don't see the need for Quadro -- For them, it's just not worth it.

Right now, I'm looking hard at the 7770's...Any suggestions are welcome.

Are there any cards that would be a better choice within the price range? 200$ +/- 100?

Thanks much.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Me personally, I wouldn't go for it. Just keep the 7770s. Just my input.
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
7,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVolta425 View Post

Me personally, I wouldn't go for it. Just keep the 7770s. Just my input.
smile.gif
That's kind of where I'm at...The 7770 is enough beef where they can multi-monitor/crossfire if they absolutely need to and I mean it's not like they're blowing out BF3 while at work...

I went overkill on the PSU and set up every PC w/850w corsairs just in case...So, there's room.

Is there a big difference between the 6850 and the 7770? Would the 6850 be a better buy?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts