Overclock.net banner

Worklog / Project - MAGNUM -

1865 21
Hello everyone
i'm Marco, a new member from Italy . I always considered this forum as the one and only for modding and overclocking enthusiasts , and i'm happy to announce my new project : MAGNUM

Why "MAGNUM"? It's simple ; a few weeks ago I ordered a case from a pretty famous case design company , based in California : Case-Labs. My plan was to change my old coolermaster haf-xb with something unique ; i've been looking around me for quite some time until I chose a Case-labs Magnum M8 . An exceptionally build case, with unique features and huge space to fit verything i need and will need in the future .

Plan:
Make a simple and clean build with obviously liquid cooled components . For this purpose I will use Bitspower multilink adapters and NO 90°/45°/30° fittings , just curved rigid tubes (E22 ultraclear) . For this build I will recycle black glossy and matte red plexyglass (5mm thick) .
I'll use less lights as possible (like leds/neons and such), since i't not my style ; on the other hand i'll put some leds ( need to figure out where) , probably behind the acrylic so smooth the brightness out .

All the cables will be sleeved using both mdpc-x and lutro0 goodies.

Hardware i'll use :
- 4670k delid @ 4.5Ghz
-Asus maximus vi formula
-R9 290/x ( not purchased yet, need to think about it)
-Samsung 840 evo ssd
-1Tb caviar Green

Liquid components I have and/or i will buy :

Ok let me clarify my decisions. Initially i was going to buy every single barb and waterblock with nickel plating . But then I switched to the -old but gold- copper. Why ? Well It's simple , I didn't want to mix too many materials in the same loop , to avoid most of the problems that some coolants tend to do , like deposits , staining and so on ...
So I thought " well , all radiators are made of copper or at least copper plated, why would I buy nickel waterblocks? Just for aesthetics? Because we all know tat there is no substantial conductivity difference between them . And this is what i came up with :

- Cpu : Ekwb supremacy csq clean

-gpu : aquacomputer hawaii copper plexy

-Pump : aquacomputer Laing D5 usb + ek d5 white acetal top + mounting

-Fittings : bitspower multilink

-Reservoir: Bitspower z-multi with some new goodies on

-Radiators: Coolgate CG240CuP and CG360CuP , 7 fins , pretty hard to find in europe (impossible in my country) , but i really like the copper finish , and they should perform really good aswell .

- Got 5m of E22 ultraclear 10-12mm rigid tubing

-Fans : I'm gonna give a chance to a pair os corsair AF120 white leds i've just ordered , but for the entire buils i'll probably stick to noctuas , noiseblocker e-loop or cougars

WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE :

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCNKenobi View Post

Welcome topomodder, that is one sexy looking case - all aluminum. Did you buy it from here, or were you able to find it cheaper somewhere?

http://www.caselabs-store.com/magnum-m8-case/
Thank you dear , yep i bought it directly from case labs-store !
thumb.gif

If i'm not mistaken there is a reseller in Uk but actually it was more expensive than the original store
biggrin.gif
(last time i checked )

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well today
delivery guy knocked my door and I got my packet with the cpu cooling components , enjoy the pics !

Next step will be the sleeving of the pump power and usb cables ! Then tomorrow i'll start planning the mods

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Excellent - more inspiration
thumb.gif

Great intro and pics are great
wink.gif

Subbed and look forward to following along
smile.gif

However....
There would be many among us would would advise to ditch the Aurora and put it down as an ordering error.
It's not intended for regular use - showtime and photo shoots only.
and I can tell you from experience that it will take a LOT of rinsing to get that pearly c*#p out of all your loop's components.
Save yourself the trouble and order some different coolant - my
2cents.gif

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
22/1
working on the dvd burner colour. I'll painted it red to match the build . Sanded from 500 to 1000 , then 2 layers of primer and 4 of red paint.
Tip of the day : to spraypaint correctly let the cans warm up in some warm water . There is a sneaky pic of my working space
pics of the result :

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_fate View Post

Excellent - more inspiration
thumb.gif

Great intro and pics are great
wink.gif

Subbed and look forward to following along
smile.gif

However....
There would be many among us would would advise to ditch the Aurora and put it down as an ordering error.
It's not intended for regular use - showtime and photo shoots only.
and I can tell you from experience that it will take a LOT of rinsing to get that pearly c*#p out of all your loop's components.
Save yourself the trouble and order some different coolant - my
2cents.gif
Thank you, well i agree about the aurora . I bought the concentrate , to try it out since the effect is really amazing, but i'll stick to Di water + some biocide for the long time use !
thumb.gif

Tomorrow more updates, sleeving, , air testing the hardware and so on
wink.gif

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I apologize for the lack of updates , but i've been pretty busy the last 2 weeks , but now i'm back in business !

I decided to remove the hard disk tray from the motherboard side of the case, this way i'll have waaay mose space to put the reservoir and route the tubes the way i want.
The pump will be mounted so the top faces the side window, this way I won't need any flow-meter to monitor the flow itself .
The EK CSQ has a satin finish , but i ended up polishing so i'll be able to illuminate the coolant with a couple of 5mm leds !

pics :
Parts : sharp knife to remove "EK" Logo , 2000 grid sandpaper (used WET with soapy water) , then scratch -remove compound and polish
Look carefully how satin is the Top !
rolleyes.gif

And this is the overall result :

Quick comparison: BEFORE :

and AFTER :

I have to admit i cheated
tongue.gif
, I used a rotary polisher (polishing disc + drill)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Next update : HUUUGE THANKS TO

Nate the owner is a very cool guy, he helped me a lot!!!!

This allows me to finish my sleeving ( i will post more detailed photos asap) the via cables heatshrinkless.

A comparison with bits power's multilink adapter :

and bitspower red led sleeved

That's all for now , acrylic plans soon ( i promise
rolleyes.gif
)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.