Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!
I'm beginning my experience on this forum with this worklog, the best project I have done so far, IMHO. Here are some of my previous project: http://imgur.com/a/E8wET.
So, let's start with the pics
biggrin.gif

Specs
i5-4590
MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition
Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb 1866Mhz
MSI GTX 970 Gaming
EVGA NEX650G + Custom Cable Sleeving
Corsair Carbide Air 540
Kingston HyperX Fury 240gb + 120gb
Corsair SP120 Quiet
Magicool DCP-450 x2
Magicool G2 120 + 360mm
EK Supremacy EVO Clean Plexy
EK Thermosphere Clean Plexy
EK and Alphacool fittings
12/16 EK PETG Tubing
Mayhems Dyes

Some blue and grey details on the Z97S Krait...

White plexiglass for the rear and front cover, first time using a dremel to cut plexiglass...

Bottom cover and first part of the mobo tray cover, hot swaps included
thumb.gif

I cut off the things holding the hdd brackets, then bent the cover and painted it grey.

Here's how I want to place the panels on the mobo tray, they're going to be mirrored. I'm going to use eight of this passwalls on the upper plexi panel and tubing are all going through the mobo tray
biggrin.gif

That's all for now, let me know what you think about it and stay tuned if you want to see more!
smile.gif

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay guys, here's some quick update before I finish all the plexy work and start with tubings. Top panel and fit test done, there's something wrong with the frontal and rear panels: they obstruct the mounting of PCI-E slot covers and obviously graphics card, and the windowed panel doesn't go in because of the frontal cover, which I'm going to bend to make some space. The more I do, the more I realize I have to do... but I love it!
biggrin.gif

Stay tuned for more incoming updates!
thumbsupsmiley.png

·
Registered
44 Posts
this is about how far I got with the build.. I started later than I should have last year and the weather went to crap... Now I have a Corsair 500r (white) that I will mod in the next few weeks, put system in that one and then Finish the 540

·
Guru Meditation
2,068 Posts
Very good job !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guysss! It's been a while but I brought some juicy news with me!

First of all, I got new Dominator Platinum for only 30€, here in Italy they cost about 75€ now... I'm happy with them
biggrin.gif

Rigid tubing are finally done and I LOOOVE them, I think they look so great! Also, the panel where they're attaching is mirrored and, if I'm not wrong, some led lights on its side should light up the holes and it could be interesting!
rolleyes.gif

Obviously there's still so much work to do so stay tuned!
biggrin.gif

Thank you so much for the support, see you at the next update!
tongue.gif

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like it The Rene! I think the Air 540 with white internals has something special, I would've done that if I didn't use plexiglass!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys!
Finally, we're seeing the end behind the corner. I've done some modding in the cable management area too and assembled everything. Some details are still missing but I will complete everything in the next to weeks. This evening I'm going to fill the loops with blue and clear blue additives!
Here's some shots of the rear mods and the almost complete build! Let me know what you think
smile.gif

Stay tuned to see the final build and the official shooting. I'm also planning to put rigid tubings in the cable management area in the next months!
biggrin.gif

·
Guru Meditation
2,068 Posts
I like it ! keep up the good work !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hiiii! I pratically finished the internal part of the project, there are still some details to add but that's pretty much it. I'm starting to mod the external as soon as possible!
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately one of the pumps passed away as I turned it on... so I had to use only one color for the loop
frown.gif
but I like it anyway! Check it out
smile.gif

Stay tuned to see the other update!
smile.gif

·
Guru Meditation
2,068 Posts
thumb.gif

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you! I still have to do some internal covers and finish the graphics card stand, and maybe add some white leds. Maybe I'm going to replace or mod the external mesh with some plexi and put something like aluminum on the drive bays' side, if I find it somewhere. I'd like so much to have a CNC in situations like this
tongue.gif

1 - 20 of 24 Posts