Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here's the deal working on an HP pavilion for a coworker. Needed a Format reinstall. Couldn't get HP to boot from CDrom. SOOOO put HD in my system Formated reinstalled, Did all windows updates. Put drive back in HP XP loads but has no task bar or icons? Can open task manager with ctrl shift esc.
New task type explorer get error "windows explore has encoutered error needs to close."

But if i move drive back to my machine no issues...

I'm stumped.

·
Super Moderator
32,930 Posts
Your chipsets are WILDLY different. You need to install Windows to the motherboard that it will be used on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have played around in bios till i'm cross eyed. The HP even pops up after leaving bios with a little box and asks where would u like to boot from. I choose CD/DVD rom it boots to XP not the Disk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SoI took the DVD rom out of my Big computer put it in and tryed a new install of xp pro on HP. Hangs at 35-33 mins. Googled that. Tried everything under the sun to no avail. Tried an install of Vista get a Winsetup.dll corrupt error. I know its a good disk because I installed it on my Fiancee's system. Never had this much trouble with XP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts