Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I downloaded WoW 2.4.3 -> 3.0.1 patch, and in the read me it says:
Quote:
This patch is the incremental patch that will update World of Warcraft from 2.4.3 to 3.0.1. To apply this patch, do the following

1. Copy the folder named "WoW-2.4.3-to-3.0.1-TBC-NA" to your World of Warcraft folder.
2. (Windows) Run Updater.exe from that folder (Mac) Run Updater.app from that folder.

This will patch your current World of Warcraft 2.4.3 version.
But i can't find the updater.exe file anywhere! Can anyone help me patch it to 3.0.1? I don't want to use the normal WoW patcher as it patches to the newest version but I only want it up to 3.5.5...

·
Linux > All
1,676 Posts
Quote:
What constitutes "piracy" may not be clear to everyone; but from this site's perspective, the line is very clear: anything that is a violation of the law, whether you believe that the law if just, fair, or whatever, is a violation of the ToS.
from http://www.overclock.net/t/127119/reminder-about-software-piracy

Therefore you never should have written this thread in the first place. Technically wether or not it is piracy is debateable as you likely bought the actual game but playing on private servers is against Blizzard's TOS which makes it illegal and as such according to the quote above doesn't belong here.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Erm, you don't have to "buy" WoW? You can download it from the official website for free... All you have to "buy" is the subscription... Also if it is so against the law, why does Blizzard not do anything about it? There are servers out there that have 4k players logged on... And there are hundredes of those...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts