Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Sometime this week I'm redoing my loop. The loop I current have has only been there for a month and the coolant is distilled + PT_Nuke. Is it worth cleaning out my Apogee XT? I just don't have the right size allen key on me at the moment :<

Thanks!

·
Banned
8,014 Posts
If it only had distilled + Pt nuke for a month, and you properly cleaned and rinsed the radiator with warm water + vinegar and inspected everything before assembly, then you really don't have anything to worry about or clean.

On the other hand, if you slapped everything together right away like me, then you might want to have a look inside the block when you do have the right allen key.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would but I don't think I have the right size allen key atm :<

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just took apart my loop with distilled and PT nuke that has been running for about a year. There was absolutely no buildup in the pins so I'd say if you're really eager to get running again, there's no problem with just slapping it back together.

·
Registered
222 Posts
if your loop is in bits, then you could just run it under a tap and see if anything comes out... if your other stuff is clean then its probably a fairly safe bet that its clean too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts