Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe and worth it to install mouse logitech gaming software just to change polling rate for g402? I used to heard and have bad experiences with mouse softwares which causes input lag etc. Just looking for advice. Thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
I had some bad experiences with logicoll software but this was a long time ago. If I were you I would just install it on a computer where it doesn't really matter, set your settings there and then reinstall it. Unless it's a gamer or someone where particular about tthe setup being used they won't notice it even if the lg software would screw up.

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
I have lgs running for the past week on PC boot. Normally I'd install make changes and not have it run but I wasn't sure if the g900 needed it for something. So far zero issues. If you're on Windows 7 the latest lgs requires a certain Microsoft kb patch.. Should have it listed on the Logitech site when downloading. I already had it installed when I checked so if you're up to date on those patches you should be fine

Here's a program I found with instructions to remove old mouse drivers if you want to try it I did it : http://www.overclock.net/t/1597225/usbdeview-remove-dead-mice-drivers#post_25073041

No idea if it benefits anything but it couldn't hurt just make sure you follow the directions worst case you temporarily disable your mouse it'll fix on reboot

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
my advice is set your settings, and then uninstall the software.
i don't see why you would even want to keep it installed anyway? especially keep it running.
it's just unnecessary

·
Adclock.net
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucake View Post

my advice is set your settings, and then uninstall the software.
i don't see why you would even want to keep it installed anyway? especially keep it running.
it's just unnecessary
i don't see why you would bother uninstalling it, or screwing with the start up settings, Enthusiasts run SSD's, SSD's are the future and honestly with even a bad SSD the software adds .1MS to the boot time, And then theres the miniscule memory footprint in a modern system.

Honestly it's like saying, I better uninstall my car's radio antenna since i only listen to Mp3's

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayleyne View Post

i don't see why you would bother uninstalling it
the process may be light, but it's still useless.
and how many seconds does it take to uninstall?
i don't see why you wouldn't bother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayleyne View Post

it's like saying, I better uninstall my car's radio antenna since i only listen to Mp3's
sure, if it's not a big hassle to uninstall, why leave the useless antenna there.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Leave it there. Won't affect performance or tracking and you'll have the option to change your configuration if you so please.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts