Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
take a look at my idea for a ducting mod... a big duct on the opposite side from the window on the case to pull air away from the motherboard. would this help temperatures at all?
LL
LL

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles
take a look at my idea for a ducting mod... a big duct on the opposite side from the window on the case to pull air away from the motherboard. would this help temperatures at all?
I doubt taking any air from back there is going to help anything... If you want to do something on that side your best bet is to cut the mobo tray right behind the CPU socket, and attach a fan blowing right on it.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Thats kind of a big duct, are you building a heating system for your house? Only kidding, you never know until you try it. I would make it smaller, and have a fan pulling the heat away. In the center of the hole or duct.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phildog
Thats kind of a big duct, are you building a heating system for your house? Only kidding, you never know until you try it. I would make it smaller, and have a fan pulling the heat away. In the center of the hole or duct.
yea... i thought of maybe putting 2 or 3like 10 inch fans inside the duct to help pull the air away

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phildog

What? how far are you wanting to push your cpu?

3 ghz baby!

·
Banned
154 Posts
refrigerant baby. If you want to go extreme, go this route. I've never done it before, but I know a guy that modified a water block with a P4 a 2.8ghz and got over a thousand mhz. fsb. Thats a little crazy for me, I've had my sempron at 2.4 on coolant in another computer case but it kept crashing. I don't know the possibilitys are endless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts