Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I currently have the Logitech Z Cinema and after hearing all the negative comments on Logitech's speakers, I was wondering if I can do with an upgrade on my computer speakers. I was thinking Klipsch Promedia or maybe the Rockit G2's, though I'm not really favoring the Rockit's due to their size and price.. I'm going to be using these for gaming as well as music. First off, will I notice the difference in quality with my current setup? Also, will the lack of a bass in the Rockit G2's be noticeable? I don't have a sound card in my PC currently, so will I need one? Other suggestions are welcomed as well!

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Forgetting what other people say, are you happy with your speakers for the price you paid for them? If you are then don't upgrade, it doesn't matter what other people like.

If you feel they are lacking and want to upgrade, how much can you spend? We can't really recommend anything until we know that because speakers range from £20 - £2000+.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I'm happy with them currently..but I just wonder what if I spend a lil more money if I'll notice a big difference in quality. So, assuming I can sell my current speakers for about $80, I'll be willing to spend about $100 more for a total of $180 on my new speakers. This includes the money I'll need to spend on a sound card. I guess the rockit's are an exception to this, but I've heard so many good things about them..

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
The Z-Cinemas are excellent computer speakers. The satellites are superior to the Klipsch Promedias in my experience.

The only supposed weakness is the (unnecessary) high crossover frequency ~150Hz which causes some vocal leakage to the sub. A software crossover can be used to alleviate that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by astrallite
View Post

The Z-Cinemas are excellent computer speakers. The satellites are superior to the Klipsch Promedias in my experience.

The only supposed weakness is the (unnecessary) high crossover frequency ~150Hz which causes some vocal leakage to the sub. A software crossover can be used to alleviate that.

oh sweet, thanks i was hoping for some feedback comparing the two speakers. what software would i use?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tUDJ
View Post

Forgetting what other people say, are you happy with your speakers for the price you paid for them? If you are then don't upgrade, it doesn't matter what other people like.

If you feel they are lacking and want to upgrade, how much can you spend? We can't really recommend anything until we know that because speakers range from £20 - £2000+.

This is an overall great post +1 rep for you sir. (It's there you just can't see it)

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrallite
View Post

Astrallite you get a +1 rep because you always bring something worth knowing to the table. The only thing that would have made your post better is a link to a software you suggest.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I'm not in the sound card scene anymore unfortunately. The last sound card I owned was the Audigy 2 ZS and that had a software crossover redirect in the software control panel. I'm not sure how the bundled software with sound cards go these days.

EDIT: This would limit you to the auxiliary input unfortunately, since I am guessing Logitech's USB drivers have minimal features.

You can do this on a per-application basis. AC3Filter will do bass redirect for media players for movies. Some media programs like Foobar I believe have crossover DSPs but unfortunately I don't have experience here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh i see. i thought you meant there was some software online that will do this for me. but no i dont have a sound card

1 - 11 of 11 Posts