Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well its not for my rig.I want to choose parts for a new pc for a friend.And i dont know what graphics card i should choose for him.Any advice?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,211 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Kavourdoukos
View Post

Well its not for my rig.I want to choose parts for a new pc for a friend.And i dont know what graphics card i should choose for him.Any advice?



Give me a second and il just read your mind...

So yeah uh he wants it just for HTPC use


We meed info such as uh oh yeah maybe a budget

What games does he play?
What resolution?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,950 Posts
I went from a 4870 to my 4890 and I love my 4890. I have always been an NVIDIA fan, but I am extremely pleased with my 4890 and with it being overclocked it's a pretty powerful card and way more powerful than what I need.

It mostly depends on what he's going to be playing.

Like said above, we need some more information or else we have to just assume it's going to be used for random use.
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
5,227 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Kavourdoukos
View Post

Well its not for my rig.I want to choose parts for a new pc for a friend.And i dont know what graphics card i should choose for him.Any advice?

Does your friend have a tight budget? If yes, then the 4890 would be great, otherwise why not go for one of the cheaper DX11 cards?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,026 Posts
Check www.overclockers.co.uk, they ship to Greece. Prices including shipping will still be cheaper than buying from E-SHOP.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,305 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Rewindlabs
View Post



Give me a second and il just read your mind...

So yeah uh he wants it just for HTPC use


We meed info such as uh oh yeah maybe a budget

What games does he play?
What resolution?

Calm down brother, he's new here and just looking for advice.


OP,
Let us know a little more about the situation and you'll get some grade A help from the OCN community!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well sry for not giving you enough data.He can afford this card.He just needs a rig to play games on top settings with quite high resolution.I wonder if a dx11 card lower on mhz is better that a dx10.1 card with more mhz..
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top