Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if a cheap WC system would beat my AC Freezer Pro 7. Would it be worth it and would there be a visible difference? Would even the cheapest water cooling be better than air cooling? thanks

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
What price are you thinking cheap?

And can you please fill in your system specs under user cp.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
Since when has the freezr pro been a good air cooler? Its a decent one nothing like the big boys, i didnt like it. What $100 water are you talking about?

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Prebuilt kits (except for Swiftech or DD) are bad. Lap that HSF and you'll be happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacKz5o
Nope, a good air cooler is better then even a $150 W/C setup.
That isn't true. The Kit in my sig will beat a BT. You can't judge a setup by just the dollar amount.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
No, A cheap WC kit might not even be as good as a good HSF...

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Find a water cooler that performs better than my lapped Ninja+. For a total of 50 dollars including the better fan I get 30C MAX on a warm day 100%load. Here is a picture of 33hrs of two stress prime04 aps runnig at the same time... my temps while running are only 25C.
LL

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
That is impressive Villan, what are your ambient temps for that?

In deference to Snerp, I think it should be stated that good air will beat any cheap pre-made kit

You can certainly put together a cheap custom system that will beat the Freezer pro.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper
In deference to Snerp, I think it should be stated that good air will beat any cheap pre-made kit

You got my back

1 - 12 of 12 Posts