Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AMD Phenom II 945 BE C3 @ 4Ghz and a HD 6950 at stock? Thanks! Edit: even PSU calc says 502W with all components at 100% load and Cpu at 4.2Ghz and my PSU has 41A on the 12rail

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
It's actually quite a decent PSU. Same internals as the Rosewill Green 530, which has been recommended here as a good value PSU for a long time.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Ah I did not know the Nexus was the same design as the Rosewill Green. I've been dying to see a review of one. I guess looking at HardOCP's review of the Nexus will be the next best thing.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Sorry to be off topic, but does anyone know if the Rosewill uses Teapos as well? I think I've seen them running Teapos in other supplies, but also some pretty yucky caps like Susc'ons on the main filtering circuit.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
To sleep better, I'd up it to at least a 650w. You never want to use a PSU @full wattage. Ratings drop off fast after 70-75% usage. So a 650w using say 500w is right in the coolest rating ballpark.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetiton;13153660
To sleep better, I'd up it to at least a 650w. You never want to use a PSU @full wattage. Ratings drop off fast after 70-75% usage. So a 650w using say 500w is right in the coolest rating ballpark.
Except his system would actually never draw close to 500 watts, so the unit is just fine. And even if it did it wouldn't be as bad as you imagine to run such a PSU at or near its rated continuous wattage anyway, considering that it will likely be idling more often than not.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah if I didn't have a PSU allready I would go for a 650W+ unit, and sense I'm 14 years old and I go to school I don't have endless resources considering my sig rig is at my mom's and the upgrade would go to my dad's so I have 2 rigs to upgrade, the upgrade would now be 300€ minus the cash I get from selling these parts (E5400 & Asus P5QL PRO w/ 2x2GB 800Mhz CL6 , so 400€ would be kind of too much.

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaw;13153386
Sorry to be off topic, but does anyone know if the Rosewill uses Teapos as well? I think I've seen them running Teapos in other supplies, but also some pretty yucky caps like Susc'ons on the main filtering circuit.
The Rosewill Green series also use Teapo caps.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetiton;13153660
Nonsense. Absolute tripe. What, does an 850W PSU magically turn to crap when you put more than a 600W load on it? No. Ridiculous.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts