Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys been looking at the OCZ gamextreme 700w sli ready psu and im wondering if it will run this setup

amd 940be, 8gb ram, 2 250gb hdds, a 9500gt and a dvd rewriter and lots of cooling fans and stuff?

i may possibly upgrade the 9500gt to 2x9800 in the future

so would the psu power my the setup listed and in the future would it power 2x9800's in sli?

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
yeah itll work fine.

• Rep+
Reactions: JMT668

·
Married people build too
1,494 Posts
With the 9500GT, your PSU won't even blink an eyelash...if it had eyelashes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT668
View Post

and with the sli'd 9800s or 250s?

corsair 750 tx is powering my rig with 9800gtx+ sli...no prob!

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Quote:

View Post

hey guys been looking at the OCZ gamextreme 700w sli ready psu and im wondering if it will run this setup

amd 940be, 8gb ram, 2 250gb hdds, a 9500gt and a dvd rewriter and lots of cooling fans and stuff?

i may possibly upgrade the 9500gt to 2x9800 in the future

so would the psu power my the setup listed and in the future would it power 2x9800's in sli?

For reference, I used to have 2x9800GT's in SLI, but a more power hungry CPU, mobo and ram than I do now, and it still only drew about 500 Watts at 100% load. That PSU will be perfectly fine. This was also w/ the 2 HDD's I have now and another IDE HDD running XP.

EDIT: I always use this site for a good rough estimate: http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers but i want a blue led as its going in my project case im gona leave it a while anyway as you already know. so i might just see what there is in a month or two.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Blue leded PSU Most people don't like zalman , but im using one , and am satisfied with it . I know that they cost more than corsairs(my country is an exception
) This one has 4 rails, in some cases it may be better than one , that all depends. Also the blue leds are not that strong , but they are there

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i was looking at them aswell i like the heat pipe cooler pretty cool!!

cost a little bit more tho.

·
4.0ghz
4,563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by linskingdom
View Post

9800GT is a 105w so that OCZ 700w has plenty of pwoer for future SLI.

+1

GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ~50A

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yeah the copper heat pipe looks cool , thou i should warn you that those leds are not lasers, just for overall blue theme. The best part about them is how quiet they are, my stock cpu cooler is louder...

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah alot of people said the same about the OCZ one for some reason Most LED psu's are not very bright at all.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I think there's a reason for that, since most people face their pc's to the wall, so you won't see the led's anyways...

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my project case it pretty cool have a look if you want. i flipped a aerocool case so the psu is at the bottom. i realy want a bright blue led psu but suppose i will have to settle with either the OCZ or zalman

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Quote:

View Post

my project case it pretty cool have a look if you want. i flipped a aerocool case so the psu is at the bottom. i realy want a bright blue led psu but suppose i will have to settle with either the OCZ or zalman

Eh, I think you'd be better off with a black PSU w/ black sleeved cables than trying to go for a PSU based off of LED's, but the OCZ is a perfectly fine PSU.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts