Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so.. my girlfirend sat on my macbook (about a year old) and the screen now wobbles around about.. and inch farthest from the hinge, any idea if apple would fix this under warrenty? or might i have to live with it =[ I heard replacing a screen with them is a few hundred, but maybe they could jsut tighten it? thanks guys

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Is the screen broken or the case? A screen is fairly easy to replace. If the case back is broken, you'll pay a lot for the top half.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by losttsol
View Post

Is the screen broken or the case? A screen is fairly easy to replace. If the case back is broken, you'll pay a lot for the top half.

the macbook still works fine just the hinge is really loose and the case is not bent in anyway that i can see .. =\\

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I'm not familiar with a Macbook hinge, but I repair laptops at work. The screws that go from the hinge to the bottom half of the laptop sometimes come loose. To get to these you usually have to remove the top bezel (above the keyboard). You can tighten these unless the screw has stripped the hole that they go into. If that happens you can super glue the screw into the hole (been there done that). If the hinge itself is broken, you can try eBay or Google for Apple laptop parts and see what you get.

• Rep+
Reactions: DNytAftr

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
If you're still under warranty, take it to an Apple Store and play dumb
Sometimes they will fix minor problems like this on the spot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts