Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm so would the Xonar DS be my best bet for under $50, or is there something better?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dankebudz
View Post

Oh yeah, 20$ rebate on the Xonar DS too! So it's a 30$ card!

Where at?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
The Diamond is just a small step above integrated. Not much difference.

Get the Xonar.
If i were to "Upgrade" with the diamond...i rather have onboard.

I second this...Xonar.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
The Xonar is a good choice for the money. But it will still depend on the speakers. A $200 card will still sound crappy on crappy speakers. Xonar DS link.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericld View Post
The Xonar is a good choice for the money. But it will still depend on the speakers. A $200 card will still sound crappy on crappy speakers. Xonar DS link.
Agree!!

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dankebudz View Post
I just bought a crappy 50$ Xonar DS and I'm throughly impressed with the sound quality improvement. Mostly it will boil down to the quality of your speakers after you upgrade your sound processor... Although I'm not 100% sure about that particular model.
I have the Xonar DS as well, it is NOT crappy, I can say after trying it!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dankebudz View Post
It's not crappy, I guess I should of said cheap. I love mine but wish I would of bought a better one for future expansions. One with an optical out.
The DS has an optical out, it even comes with an adapter, which plugs into the digital out. The plug that says "Rear/ SPDIF out"

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
My asus xonar d2x was probably the best purchase i made in a while. I very pleased with it. So i'm sure you will not be disappointed in the xonar ds model either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts