Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built my rig in July just getting into pc gaming, and I didn't realize that if I wanted to max everything at 1920x1080 I would probably need a 295.

I went with the 275, and it has been sufficient so far, but now with BC2 out, I am wishing i could totally max the AA and HBAO.

If i added another 275 do you guys things that would be enough?? Also would i see considerable performance gains on 2 275's? I know my cpu won't bottleneck as I have an i7 @3.8

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
It would be more than plenty. Given you play graphics oriented games like FPSes or Racers.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If this helps I only play FPS games, and even then, i usually play one game at a time, right now im obsessed with BC2

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chronicbucks
View Post

If this helps I only play FPS games, and even then, i usually play one game at a time, right now im obsessed with BC2

Yes, that does help. I say go for it! I always liked the 275s.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I def want to upgrade real soon, whether I got for Fermi, or spend like 200 on another 275.......which would you guys do?

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I def want to upgrade real soon, whether I got for Fermi, or spend like 200 on another 275.......which would you guys do?

275 for sure. After the Fermi release, where the 275 prices may drop.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I'd say wait, Fermi will be released soon, and depending on the benches and that a 470 might be a better option for DX11 and future proofing a little..

This is one reason i didnt order up a 275, I dont see going from DX10 to DX10 this late in the game as being worthwhile when I likely will want aNOTHER card in a year for DX11...I'd rather wait and pony up for a new 470 right now and not buy another card for a few years...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts