168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valafar;13139349
I see nothing wrong with the setup you have laid out in the picture. You could mount the res to the motherboard tray if you have enough room. The idea is to have the res above the pump to make it easier to prime it before turning it on.
I think it gonna be on the same level.. i may get the DCP-4.0 from EK combined with the reservoir combo.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
I would not install a t-line on that red section of tubing in your diagram. It is not in an ideal location for easy draining and it would be much easier to simply pull the pump out of the case and over a bucket, and then undo the fittings. Open the fillport on the reservoir to let air in and all of the water in the loop will drain out very easily.

This would also work with the combined pump/reservoir unit.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Looks good, but I never recommend a hole for air. If the vacuum suction breaks from a small air leak or something, any water held above that air hole will release and wash out through the top of your reservoir if the water level is high enough. I would recommend leaving the system as sealed as possible. When you're bleeding air out of your system and the pump is running, sure, open up the reservoir and add more water to displace air in the reservoir, but normal running conditions I would try to minimize places for water to leak out.

Most reservoirs have simple screws to open them to add more liquid, so you could leave that closed until you have to add more liquid, or just use the fill line you're installing. Either way, I wouldn't leave an open air hole.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.GumbyM.D.;13149162
Looks good, but I never recommend a hole for air. If the vacuum suction breaks from a small air leak or something, any water held above that air hole will release and wash out through the top of your reservoir if the water level is high enough. I would recommend leaving the system as sealed as possible. When you're bleeding air out of your system and the pump is running, sure, open up the reservoir and add more water to displace air in the reservoir, but normal running conditions I would try to minimize places for water to leak out.

Most reservoirs have simple screws to open them to add more liquid, so you could leave that closed until you have to add more liquid, or just use the fill line you're installing. Either way, I wouldn't leave an open air hole.
Alright, well the hole was just for the bleeding phase. Then i will block it. I guess i won't use the top of the res as an inlet and the hole for air is probably not needed. I will put bottom as inlet and outlet for the pump and the other hole will serve as a drain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.