Intel i7-8700K
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E ATX Motherboard
G.SKILL F4-3000C15D 2x16GB RAM
Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-850W PSU
DeepCool Captain 240EX RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
GeForce GTX 1070 GPU
500GB Crucial SSD
Dell U3417W Curved Monitor

First, will all this stuff fit in the case? I could look at an mATX mobo vs ATX. Second, is the PSU overkill?

And lastly, assuming no overclock (to start with) would this rig be silent or reasonably silent?

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
DeepCool Captain 240EX RGB Liquid CPU Cooler --- no, the pump is from Asetek : if you want silent you want something like a Be Quiet Silent Loop (360 or 280 preferably), Swiftech Prestige H220 X2 (320 or 240 models would allow you to drop fan speeds more , their naming is odd), or a EK Phoenix (comes in 360, 280 format but the price difference is so minimal that the 120,240, 280 are not worth it).

Be Quiet Silent Loop, recommended for Euro zone people: https://www.mindfactory.de/product_...Loop-360-Komplett-Wasserkuehlung_1179235.html

Swiftech Prestige (out of stock right now) ttp://www.swiftech.com/drive-x2-aio.aspx

EK Phoenix
EK Phoenix CPU block https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC8W6MU9768
EK Phoenix 360 radiator https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC8W6MU9756

edit: your proposed H440 case fits a 240 , 280, or 360 radiator in the top

GeForce GTX 1070 GPU --- which model? Unless it's a hefty dual fan cooler with a fan profile that drops to 0% fan at idle or below 50-60°C then it will likely ramp up

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
All of the Captain series water coolers have fans, so they will make noise.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
That PSU is a good unit but is much larger than you need.

The GPU and the choice of cooler could easily move you out of the silent range.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GeForce GTX 1070 GPU --- which model? Unless it's a hefty dual fan cooler with a fan profile that drops to 0% fan at idle or below 50-60°C then it will likely ramp up
It's a ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition. I already have the card, and it's quiet enough for me. It's in an Antec P180 mid tower case that I'm upgrading. So really, as long as the noise levels are at or below that I'm good.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition. I already have the card, and it's quiet enough for me. It's in an Antec P180 mid tower case that I'm upgrading. So really, as long as the noise levels are at or below that I'm good.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Duplicate posts... wow sorry about that. I hit submit but the page was just spinning... never refreshed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts