Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am considering buying an aftermarket cpu cooler for overclocking purposes. I am looking at "Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler", and I have this case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811156063

I am wondering if the cpu cooler can fit in my case. Note, there is an 80mm LED Fan directely opposite from the cpu.

I am somewhat worried that this cpu cooler might me fit my case because cpu cooler is 155mm tall, and my case has 8 inches (203mm) width, which excludes mobo, cpu, and the LED fan. or maybe I'll have to remove that LED fan?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me do that, and I guess I'll have to remove that LED fan anyway because if the cooler would fit, the LED fan would be blowing right on top of the cooler...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
based on what I measured, there is approximately 165mm from the socket to the side panel if excludes LED fan. The LED fan itself is 20mm tall. I think I'll have to remove that LED fan in order to install that cooler.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
It will fit as long as you remove the fan. My friend just installed a Xigmatek Dark Knight on the same case. Also do not use the removable motherboard tray to install the cooler. It will get in the way of the PSU and the top of the case when you close it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by aksthem1
View Post

It will fit as long as you remove the fan. My friend just installed a Xigmatek Dark Knight on the same case. Also do not use the removable motherboard tray to install the cooler. It will get in the way of the PSU and the top of the case when you close it.

Thanks. Got it. I'll order one asap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts