Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am think about getting a pair of Q Acoustics 2020i speakers and a Marantz PM6003. The PM6003 does not have a Sub output. I might add an active sub at a later date if this system is lacking in bass so would this work, Xonar D2 front out to Marantz PM6003 and bass/centre out to an active sub? If not how would I add a Sub to this setup.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
You can use the tape loop and connect the sub via phono (providing the sub has line-level inputs, which the majority do)

I used a sub this way with the Marantz PM4001 I had. You won't be disappointed by the 6003, I have it's bigger brother (8003) and it's a fantastic amp.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Going used would be a great option, there are some really good bargains to be found out there. Check out preloved and gumtree too. AVForums.com has a great classifieds section although you need a certain amount of posts to trade there I think.

Another good choice would be this package at SuperFi, the 9.1 are fantastic, I had them paired with my PM4001. The sub is supposed to be great value for money too although I've not heard it myself (and it's even cheaper as part of this package).

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tUDJ View Post

Going used would be a great option, there are some really good bargains to be found out there. Check out preloved and gumtree too. AVForums.com has a great classifieds section although you need a certain amount of posts to trade there I think.
Another good choice would be this package at SuperFi, the 9.1 are fantastic, I had them paired with my PM4001. The sub is supposed to be great value for money too although I've not heard it myself (and it's even cheaper as part of this package).
I wanted to get that package but it has been out of stock for the past week.

My local pawn shop had a nice pair of Jamo laser power 5000P in custom wood cabinets they only want £125 for them but they are huge and would probably need a power amp to run them, there are some great deals to be had on second hand equipment for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.