Overclock.net banner

Would you be willing to pay for shipping?

• Yes willing to pay full

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Not willing to help

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Willing to pay 75% of costs

Votes: 10 34.5%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is something Ive been wondering for a while and hope its cool to ask. If not by all means delete this thread.

So with BGB prizes being slim to none I was hoping to make that change and with that I need some info. Please answer honestly if you wish to be heard so leave me a comment or pm. It mainly relies on which country your in but I still want to know, this isnt to scare anyone from participating. This is for boinc related prizes from contests. If you don't what boinc is check out our boinc homepage and research for a project you find interesting.

Let me clarify this, this is for research purposes ONLY.

Would you be willing to pay for shipping costs for a prize within/outside your home country?

*EDIT*

Ok, heres a few examples.

1) H50
2) A motherboard
3) Asus 7850

Since I cant edit a poll please use the 3rd option for maybe but depends on the item.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Depends on the prize... I wouldn't fancy paying $20 shipping for a mug, but i would pay $100 for an LED 3D TV, for example...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCrazy View Post

IDK if youd get someone to actually put a prize as sweet as a LED tv yet a 3D tv. Im looking at low-mid comp parts mostly. Maybe a higher end as a major prize.
Yeah, but you get my point... if it is a worthwhile prize, i would pay for shipping. i wouldn't like to pay more than 25% of the prize value in shipping tho...

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCrazy View Post

So this is something Ive been wondering for a while and hope its cool to ask. If not by all means delete this thread.

So with BGB prizes being slim to none I was hoping to make that change and with that I need some info. Please answer honestly if you wish to be heard so leave me a comment or pm. It mainly relies on which country your in but I still want to know, this isnt to scare anyone from participating. This is for boinc related prizes from contests. If you don't what boinc is check out our boinc homepage and research for a project you find interesting.

Let me clarify this, this is for research purposes ONLY.

Would you be willing to pay for shipping costs for a prize within/outside your home country?

*EDIT*

Ok, heres a few examples.

1) H50
2) A motherboard
3) Asus 7850

Since I cant edit a poll please use the 3rd option for maybe but depends on the item.
I would pay shipping for one of those prizes....

biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
6,451 Posts
i think that if the shipping is:
1.) under $10 then the shipper pays full.
2.) $10-15 then the receiver can chip in a few bucks
3.) 15+ then the receiver can chip in $5+ to help out

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Voted willing to pay full, it's the proper thing to do if you win a snazzy new MB or GPU IMO. Someone was nice enough to put it up as a prize, So I'd be happy to help them pay for the shipping, either 50%, 75% or all of it.

·
Ever Forward.
6,524 Posts
Depends on how much it costs to ship, I think anything more than $25 winner should pay at least some of it. Don't think its worth it, they can always just pass on the prize.

Donor ultimately should decide tho, it's theirs to give.

·
Ever Forward.
6,524 Posts
I suppose if shipping costs more than the prize, it won't really be a prize then
tongue.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts