Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
livin in the uk not many people have heard of water cooling apart from the ocing brigade ie us lot . Now would you believe my luck to walk onto a car boot sale today and find a watercooling set up stil in the box and unused .ok its not a dd setup its a globle win silent stream pro but i only paid a fiver for it ..had it on leak test all day with no probs and have now mounted it and has dropped my temps anotheer 7% below the asus star ice which cost me £37.00 NOW THAT HAS GOT TO BE A BARGAIN and it is also a damn site quiter even if i cant spell it .all i got to do to it is get a better pump and ill really be in buisness have already stuck a 120mm delta on it

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
^^ Nice find for the price. To be honest with you, that kit is not the greatest in the world. Hell, I am really suprised that your temps are lower than with the Asus cooler. Congrats. Then again, the A64's don't run that hot. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
teah i know its not the best but hey what do you get for a fiver nowadays im running foldin and four othe progs at the moment indluding a dvd encoding proggy and the temps havent gone over 39 degress i will get another pump for it and see how it goes but it has got me hooked

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
LOL, yup, once you go water, you will never go back!!!!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the guy i got it off said it was a xmas present but didnt know how to use it .so i just smiled gave him the cash and ran .pehaps i should have hagelled and got it cheaper if its that crap lol

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by markuk3

the guy i got it off said it was a xmas present but didnt know how to use it .so i just smiled gave him the cash and ran .pehaps i should have hagelled and got it cheaper if its that crap lol

LMAO!! He didnt know how to install it so he sold it for $5(pounds)?? LOL That's awesome. Hey, if it is working better than your air cooling then stick with it!!!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gonna stick with it for a while give it a while to let the as5 cure then give it some .how about getting one of those beer fridges and stickin the rad in it could work just for a laugh .i still got a headache off the old girl for BUYING SOMETHING ELSE FOR THAT B****Y COMPUTER AGAIN ,I NEED MY HAIR DONE .needs her bloody head done with a hammer if she thinks her hair comes before my pc

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Nice find... Wish some idiots lived rounf my way and sold gear for so cheap... Bring out the GIMP

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by markuk3

oh by the way can we have peter crouch back lmao

Nope he's ours now
... But we still suck
... Religation here we come :turd:.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
never mind it was worth a try lol ,opps gone off the thread a bit sorry gonna go to all the carboots i can now lot cheaper than nuyin online lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts