Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 27 29.0%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, lets say every week there was a tournament held. You either get 5 people you know, your team, or just join a pug. You pay lets say 5 dollars to enter the tournament maybe a 5 team tournament, and you get a chance to win money.

Basically putting in money to play the game you want to play, and a chance at winning money if you make it to the top.

then eventually evolving into something where its not weekly, the day you feel like getting on you can hop into game pay the fee, and a chance to win money at the end of that game.

Also i dont know if you ever heard of tournament.com but at the end its going to be something like that, but with a bit of a twist and done a bit better. As of right now we are thinking of starting weekend tournaments people buying in and the winner has a pot. Starting off what the game we know best (CS:S) and moving onto other games tf2 etc. I am just trying to get a general idea of what the public will think about something like this, also i would like inputs on how to better this operation.

If you can when you click the pole if you can right down why would and why wouldn't do it, and explaining your "Depends" if its not to much to ask for.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Absolutely

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ive played in several of these types of tournaments. Some times I win... sometimes I loose. Theres always someone out there that is better that you. But its still fun to play. Whatever it is.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
I'd be down for playing Left 4 Dead 2 like this.

Perhaps all of the times contribute $5 or something, then the winner of the competition receives all of the cash?

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa
View Post

Perhaps all of the times contribute $5 or something, then the winner of the competition receives all of the cash?

I need to play with you, I want to play with some skilled players.

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,986 Posts
No way!!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
No
Honestly i don't like paying subscription fees, or fees after purchasing the original game for extra content etc, MMOs are excluded from this of course

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
For LAN tournament yes but Online tourney no because there will be disadvantages considering bandwidth/ping

·
Registered
720 Posts
lol nope! cuz i suck at all the games taht i have xDD

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa
View Post

In that manner, depending on how many people join that week, and who leads to the top. if its just, lets say a group of 10 people or so playing then more than likely the whole prize is going to go to first place, now if a group of 20 or 30 then it will be split between the top 2 or 3.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Depends on the game and number of people. 5 dollar for most of us is chump change, and you know, if its fun and all, we wont even remember about the 5 dollar at the end of the day. Or if it's a slow game then we'd just think we wasted 5 bucks for something so boring.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Something already like this exists in lan places around the uk, i cant remeber the organiser but all u do is pay howmuch the lan provider wants to charge... e.g. it could be free if u have a year pass with the lan provider and thats part of the pass

would i pay, only if UT99 was part of it

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by GekzOverlord
View Post

Something already like this exists in lan places around the uk, i cant remeber the organiser but all u do is pay howmuch the lan provider wants to charge... e.g. it could be free if u have a year pass with the lan provider and thats part of the pass

would i pay, only if UT99 was part of it

Eventually it will move from weekly to daily you can log in and play with a bunch of people online when ever you feel like.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was a beta tester for tournament.com...sorry they didn't make it. Always seemed like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
What makes you think you can do better than Tournament.com and how would you do it better?

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
If money is the objective, it should be team split.

Topfragging is not an indication of performance individually. Also, when money is involved you might get all kinds of ringing and stacking, etc.

It should be more about a ladder and position status than money prizes.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
No, to me gaming for money kills it (except cards
)

Not saying others don't enjoy it, but keep in mind, there will always be some people, that no matter how you set it up, won't play for money/serious competition

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_xpert View Post
Why so series?

fixed. Chrome suggestion on my spelling was wrong

1 - 20 of 49 Posts