Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WoW is free to play now up to lvl 20...
7 days free with expansion for returning players...

are we ruined? I quit 3 years ago with much difficulty, it sucks so much time,
but its so god damn fun and there's nothing else out there int he MMO world that does it as good right now

are we ruined? doomed?

.... AGAIN!?

http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/lan...en-us/p42.html

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
No, its only to lvl 20 and any player that wants to go past lvl 20 will just buy the $20 battle chest . F2P account has all restrictions Trial accounts had, so its nothing really new. But it is a first step that Blizzard might be on to something.

and if u quit before and came back, your gonna go past lvl 20 quickly if u know what ur doing, so its a nice feature but really just for all the NEW players to experience WoW without throwing down $15 a month and $20 for core game.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Now, my only question is what about accounts that had vanilla and TBC, but stopped paying (I bought the BattleChest, but can't remember if I ever upgraded to TBC). We would still have to pay $15 to play any more correct?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nhb93
View Post

Now, my only question is what about accounts that had vanilla and TBC, but stopped paying (I bought the BattleChest, but can't remember if I ever upgraded to TBC). We would still have to pay $15 to play any more correct?

correct....WoW expansions dont come with free play time

also blizzard has a thing now that if you buy a copy of the original WoW you get a free upgrade to the burning crusade...so im not sure why people would buy the battle chest when you can get a copy of vanilla wow for like 5-10$ now

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2993674#blog

·
Registered
231 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nhb93
View Post

Depends on how long you've been gone for, you can try the next expansion up for 7 (or 10) days for free, using your old account.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My friend told me about this. I was really excited for it because I was addicted to it for 2 years (they don't call it World of Warcrack for nothing). But I got on and immediately wanted to get off. Even though they are offering for free its still boring because there is nothing new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts