Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my GPU yesterday, and was trying to OC, but this lanparty's BIOS makes me feel like a n00b again. what does everything mean, and are there any general settings that i should change? i only upped the FSB to 250, i couldnt get by that.

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
You using a 300w psu?<br />
<br />
I am surprised it even boots!!!<br />
<br />
Read the manual. It says 480w MIN. Get a new psu then start overclocking.

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XD...i'm out of $$ ATM..and its a 20pin...not 24...hehe

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
HAHA. 20 pin. They specifically say narative 24 pin with at least 480w If your not lucky you could do some damage to your kit with it being underpowered like that.<br><br>
Read: <a href="http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854" target="_blank">http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854</a>

·
Registered
409 Posts
til u get a new power supply get a monitoring program and watch the volts.. simple as that... if u under volt the parts.. they generate more heat, thus there life expecenty goes down, and then everything becomes unstable so u think a part is going bad

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i shouldnent expect any good OC's? is it the reason i cant get past 250Mhz?

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also, any tips on the settings? multi, volts, FSB...ect?

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
well like hes said already..get a new psu first and THEN start to OC..dont do any now because that psu is barely running the rig right now and you stand the risk of damaging your MB..so before any overclocking and stuff..new psu!!

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Yes, I would set it to stock settings before you oc and get a new psu.<br />
<br />
How much money would you be prepared to spend on one? We could offer you some good suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts