Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"This suspension happened because one or more characters on the account were identified exchanging, or contributing to the exchange of, in-game property (items or gold) for ""real-world"" currency "

So I didn't play for about 10 months. Started playing again. Surprise, I'm about 3 tiers behind on gear. I have a "real-world" job and have zero interest in in-game farming because it feels like a chore more than entertainment. Bought 10k gold to start doing some GDKP runs. I'm sorry, but when I go to WoW's website, I see a link for "online store", which seems to be loaded with in-game stuff/actions for sale with "real-world" currency (pets, mounts, etc). They've really got to change the wording of this... or maybe just start selling gold? Pot calling the kettle black imo.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Uhm, I'm not sure what to say. I can't really concentrate my thoughts into a post to respond to this that includes all that must be said. .

·
Registered
714 Posts
Tru dat. They just don't want other companies making profit off their game. I personally buy gold all the time. Me + farming don't mix. I play to raid. Other MMO's sell their own currency. Blizzard puts out a stupid mount and sells millions in the first 24 hours of it being available. Good for them. They should stop complaining about the gold being sold by 3rd parties since the the stuff you can actually brag about comes from end game raiding anyways. You can't "buy it" per say.

·
Registered
74 Posts
well imo buying gold with real world money isn't a good idea
secondly if you are going to do it then at least buy in small
amounts which wont be sus (5000g or under) anything over that
triggers alerts with blizzard since everything you do in WoW is monitored
Chats, Trades, Auction House, Mail System for a small period of time before
being erased, except for chat logs which are kept for legal purposes

How ever as i said its not a good idea since gold is easy to make with WoW
you just need to level professions, or use the auction house, you can make
decent amount of money just by heroics alone

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I never understood why people have to buy gold. I hate farming with a passion, yet I have more than 50k gold just by spending 5 mins every day on the AH. If you don't like to farm, figure out another way to make gold. Don't just cheat and buy it.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Ive also found this slightly weird also, but I know they try to prevent the servers economy from crashing or sky rocketing to crazy high prices.

Ive seen this happen in FF11 the most, it would literally cost 3x as much as a "normal" price on a server that was NOT inflated.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drogue View Post
Tru dat. They just don't want other companies making profit off their game. I personally buy gold all the time. Me + farming don't mix. I play to raid. Other MMO's sell their own currency. Blizzard puts out a stupid mount and sells millions in the first 24 hours of it being available. Good for them. They should stop complaining about the gold being sold by 3rd parties since the the stuff you can actually brag about comes from end game raiding anyways. You can't "buy it" per say.
Exactly. I really don't care about the suspension, I get it. I just think from an enforcement standpoint they should choose their wording a little more carefully.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yin&Yang View Post
well imo buying gold with real world money isn't a good idea
secondly if you are going to do it then at least buy in small
amounts which wont be sus (5000g or under) anything over that
triggers alerts with blizzard since everything you do in WoW is monitored
Chats, Trades, Auction House, Mail System for a small period of time before
being erased, except for chat logs which are kept for legal purposes

How ever as i said its not a good idea since gold is easy to make with WoW
you just need to level professions, or use the auction house, you can make
decent amount of money just by heroics alone
Yeah I just needed some capital to get me off the ground. I've already about doubled it just doing GDKP runs and stuff.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I really do not see how spending 5 minutes on the AH everyday has you over 50k gold. In fact thats not possible. Not unless you've been spending 5 minutes on the AH every day since launch day.

UNLESS of course you use illegal mods that scan and auto buy items that fall below a set price. In that case you got no business talking smack about someone who buys gold lol.

Anyway I've played on and off for years and I never seem to have more then 3k gold at a time. I absolutely abhor doing dailies and I don't have the patience nor the desire to play the AH all day long. With that said I've bought gold a total number of 2 times. Both was to purchase flying when it was 5k gold. I'm sorry but I refuse to save up 5k gold to watch it all go "bye" at the click of one button lol.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexa View Post
I really do not see how spending 5 minutes on the AH everyday has you over 50k gold. In fact thats not possible. Not unless you've been spending 5 minutes on the AH every day since launch day.

UNLESS of course you use illegal mods that scan and auto buy items that fall below a set price. In that case you got no business talking smack about someone who buys gold lol.

Anyway I've played on and off for years and I never seem to have more then 3k gold at a time. I absolutely abhor doing dailies and I don't have the patience nor the desire to play the AH all day long. With that said I've bought gold a total number of 2 times. Both was to purchase flying when it was 5k gold. I'm sorry but I refuse to save up 5k gold to watch it all go "bye" at the click of one button lol.
^Exactly^

And if you have the 'real money' to spend on 'fake money' then you simply start up an account just for shady transactions like that.

Raiding 4-5 nights a week took up too much of my time, I have too many other games to only play WOW.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexa View Post

Nope. All its taken is medium level tailoring, and searching for decent priced mats on the AH. On average, i'll buy mats for say 28g, and the processed goods sell for between 70 and 100g each. They also sell very quickly because I only list them for 24 hours, and make sure i am never undercut. I'd say i've been at it for... 6 months or so. Most days of the week.
Infact, about 2 months ago, i showed my GF how i was making all the gold because she kept moaning at me for always having gold. And in that two months, she has made around 20k doing just as i do. (slightly different product as to not interfere with my sales
)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts