Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I play WoW with my girlfriend and have been looking at building her something more enjoyable than her old Nobilis notebook with the 1.6GHz cpu and what is surely sub-256mb GPU. As I contemplated what to buy on Newegg, and did some research online regarding components, I was bitten by the OC bug and have been more interested in learning about all things overclocking than in playing WoW, Warhammer, Crysis or Call of Duty-- to the detriment of my American History Class preparedness I'm afraid. I'll go do my reading now... right after I get some lunch. Nice to be here!

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
553 Posts
Welcome to OCN

Overclocking is pretty easy to pick up for the most part, just gotta get the right parts, and read the corresponding pages for said parts.

·
Initializing...
23,796 Posts
Welcome to OCN!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome. Your inner geek will find OCN a utopia!

·
underest
459 Posts
Welcome aboard!!

My girlfriend and I play WoW occasionally too! She's not computer savvy... all she cares about is playing the game with no lag.

OC'ing can definitely be an "addiction", but you always have to remember risk v.s. reward. You'll find a lot of good resources here and have fun with your research!

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts