Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
LoL do they really build such weak houses? I guess houses in my country would withstand 300mp - made of concrete & bricks only with LOT's of steel within the concrete frame (earthquake resistant - mandatory). The funny thing is we don't have Tornados over here.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
LoL do they really build such weak houses? I guess houses in my country would withstand 300mp - made of concrete & bricks only with LOT's of steel within the concrete frame (earthquake resistant - mandatory). The funny thing is we don't have Tornados over here.
300mph winds are pretty severe - I wouldn't rely on anything less than poured concrete with rebar, and you can forget about windows or a normal roof.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
300mph winds are pretty severe - I wouldn't rely on anything less than poured concrete with rebar, and you can forget about windows or a normal roof.
We build roofs out of poured concrete too with steel running inside them - tiles are for decoration. Actually it is not Tornados that we are worried about over here - we have Earthquakes for this.

Here are some pics of a residential construction project (apartments) I was part of 12 years ago - rules are even tighter now. You can see the concrete and its inside...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts