Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Enthusiast
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
While I was watching a video on YouTube, it came as a surprise that 'Stop Download' option was missing from YouTube, until now present in the right-click menu of YouTube videos. YouTube has silently removed the 'Stop download' option that was originally added in Q1, 2010 and a new option has now been added, known as 'Stats for nerds'. We really can't understand as to why YouTube killed this useful function and perhaps that's a stupid move by them.

Source

Hilarious

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
now how else will we see the video thumb that never actually appears in the video?

·
under my nose
1,060 Posts
Just realize this an hour ago when I didn't find the 'Stop Download' option. To be honest, sometimes I use this feature so that my internet won't get slower. There is a moment when you want to keep a video but you want to view another video in a different tab. I usually use the feature for the first video whenever I want to view the another video so that it won't get slow. Meh, I don't know how to explain it.

I'm quite disappointed that YouTube removes the 'Stop Download' feature. Not everyone has a blazing internet speed.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I was trying to find the "stop download" option all yesterday. I thought Youtube was just updating, so no big deal. I found myself refreshing the page to stop downloading the video or clicking out of the tab..... and that was one day without it! Not saying it is an big deal but I used it alot without thinking about it.

I have plenty of GBs under my cap. I better get used to using it one day. So thanks, Google. (I think?)

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
WHY!!!!!!!!

now i cant open another youtube page in the background. my internet struggles with just 1 video on 144p

i wish i can afford a 56k connection because thats faster then what i get

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
I was trying to watch my electro house videos and stop download for thumbnails last night and noticed they removed it too
frown.gif
This is horrible..

·
Registered
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post

I didn't even know the existance of said feature, nor what is it for...
headscratch.gif
Do you even youtube?

frown.gif
no more looking at those sexy thumbnails.
wink.gif

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts

Oh google...

For those that don't get it, the feedback link on youtube goes to a fake error page which you can see by the URL. If you shorten it to the real one it works fine.

Just goes to show that they really don't care what you think, they are doing what they think is best, or what they think you want...

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
Why?

Also "stats for nerds" isn't new, they just renamed "show info"

·
Registered
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkin93 View Post

Oh google...

For those that don't get it, the feedback link on youtube goes to a fake error page which you can see by the URL. If you shorten it to the real one it works fine.

Just goes to show that they really don't care what you think, they are doing what they think is best, or what they think you want...
What is google doing? :S

·
Premium Member
14,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseTemper View Post

Do you even youtube?

frown.gif
no more looking at those sexy thumbnails.
wink.gif
I do, every day. I'm just not a power user, just a regular guy who watches a few channels I'm subbed to. But now being serious, what was that feature for?

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
I just notice the speedtest thing is gone as well.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Quote:

I do, every day. I'm just not a power user, just a regular guy who watches a few channels I'm subbed to. But now being serious, what was that feature for?
It stops the buffering of the video, at the same time displays the thumbnail of video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

Why?

Also "stats for nerds" isn't new, they just renamed "show info"
Yep
thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkin93 View Post

Oh google...

Well, I used the feedback feature couple times, the features I asked for were implemented a few weeks later. One was asking for a "This Year" filter, which was only added couple months ago, few weeks after I requested it. Another one being, the ability to just have uploads show when clicking the my subscriptions, this was also implemented. I can't remember when because it was quite a while back.

So it does seem to work.
smile.gif

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
Quote:

I'm in the same boat.

Also, youtube has gotten terribly slow lately; is there a fix for that?

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafour View Post

Youtube is getting slow these last months,so why did they do this ?
I've noticed it's ridiculously slow on my laptop but fast on my desktop.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts