Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Old Timers Unite
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
looking for a 3060ti or maybe 3070 for a gaming machine for my daughter. I have paypal ready to go and will pay up to 10% over MSRP for your troubles.

Found one, thanks

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
Sory i really dont mean to be rude but you wont find any card at 10% over MRSP new or second hand right now
Every single card is at least 50% more than MRSP and some cards are as much as 200%

You might be able to get a card at 10% over MRSP toward the end of 2021 but not right now thats totally unrealistic to put it mildly

·
Totally Tubular
1,559 Posts
I paid $800 for my 3070 in early January and I consider myself lucky. I've seen 3060Ti cards going for more than that.

·
Old Timers Unite
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sory i really dont mean to be rude but you wont find any card at 10% over MRSP new or second hand right now
Every single card is at least 50% more than MRSP and some cards are as much as 200%

You might be able to get a card at 10% over MRSP toward the end of 2021 but not right now thats totally unrealistic to put it mildly
Fair enough, I've bought 2 3090 in the last 3 months at MSRP so its not a totally crazy request. Not everyone is a scalper and they do exist, just difficult to find.

·
Totally Tubular
1,559 Posts
Fair enough, I've bought 2 3090 in the last 3 months at MSRP so its not a totally crazy request. Not everyone is a scalper and they do exist, just difficult to find.
Wow ... you got incredibly lucky if you bought from someone else for MSRP.

I will wish you the same luck in your new search...

I haven't seen anything for MSRP or even close to MSRP and I've been searching since the 3070 came out.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
You have been really lucky then or maybe its because the 3090 is easier to find closer to MSRP due to its higher price and therefore the miners dont buy every single one they can get their hands on

Getting a 3080 / 3070 / 3060 Ti right now at anything close to MSRP is mission impossible

·
LTSC for life crew
3,537 Posts
I paid $800 for my 3070 in early January and I consider myself lucky. I've seen 3060Ti cards going for more than that.
This. I paid roughly the same for my 3070 and it was mostly down to a lucky score on newegg. Same exact card is closing in on $900 and the price goes up every time it comes back in stock.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You have been really lucky then or maybe its because the 3090 is easier to find closer to MSRP due to its higher price and therefore the miners dont buy every single one they can get their hands on

Getting a 3080 / 3070 / 3060 Ti right now at anything close to MSRP is mission impossible
Basically.....this.....

The 3090 is not a fair indicator of pricing or availability for the sub 1k market. Even in normal market conditions, the real volume market for GPU sales is always the lower end (usually sub 500 or lower). Less ROI on 3090's and smaller overall demand due to pricing for gamers.

I've been watching StockX too and the buy/asks have been creeping up close to 1k for 3070's and 900 for 3060ti's....yikes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Best bet would be to go to micro center wait in the morning and hope for a gpu. They seem to get regular stock. Or BB during their bi weekly drop.

·
2 Easy
3,473 Posts
Best bet would be to go to micro center wait in the morning and hope for a gpu. They seem to get regular stock. Or BB during their bi weekly drop.
Exactly, they got stock a few times a week so wait before it opens or drop in at random. I just picked up a Strix 6900XT this way.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
Yea pretty much any 3060ti is fair game in my book
Its not a 3060 Ti its a poem to the 3060 Ti
Its a joke someone made on ebay selling a poem about the 3060 Ti probably to screw with the bots and scalpers

·
Old Timers Unite
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its not a 3060 Ti its a poem to the 3060 Ti
Its a joke someone made on ebay selling a poem about the 3060 Ti probably to screw with the bots and scalpers
LOL I thought off hand that it was something like the the ASRock Taichi cards or something

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
LOL I thought off hand that it was something like the the ASRock Taichi cards or something
There are also more and more that are selling jpeg pictures of the 30 series on ebay and other sites again to screw with the bots and scalpers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts