Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody,

Can't believe this is my first post in > 10 years!!!

So I just bought this used case, and upon inspecting it, I realized it is missing the PCI expansion slot protector; please see pictures below!

I know this is insanely unlikely that somebody has it on here, but I would be really appreciate if anyone is willing to sell this part? or if anybody can direct me to where I can buy this, I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

·
LTSC for life crew
3,918 Posts
While I don't have one of these covers for you, I do have a bit of information that might help here. If you don't mind the aesthetic look of the slot being open it is actually a good thing for performance. There have been lots of tests done on case airflow and the biggest issue is there is not enough open areas for hot air to exhaust out - A common recommendation is to remove all of the PCI slot covers and leave them bare.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While I don't have one of these covers for you, I do have a bit of information that might help here. If you don't mind the aesthetic look of the slot being open it is actually a good thing for performance. There have been lots of tests done on case airflow and the biggest issue is there is not enough open areas for hot air to exhaust out - A common recommendation is to remove all of the PCI slot covers and leave them bare.
I appreciate your advice man. I prefer to have slots closed because I do not want mice or critters getting inside... (it's happened before :oops:).. anyway.... GOOD NEWS the seller that I got the case from found it and decided to sell it to me for $5!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts