Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I am looking for a scrap piece of tygon tubing for a test fit of bends in a homemade case I am building.

I just need a one foot scrap piece if you have it laying around of 3/8" I.D x 1/2" O.D. I searched the net, but only find 5 foot and 10 foot lengths and not cheap.

All I need is a foot long piece of scrap tube someone has cut off and don't need to test bends etc. through a case I am building. I am going to use tygon as it does not kink easily around bends and corners.

Anyone got a foot long chunk I can pay shipping for? Not looking to pay $20 for just a test fit and have it not work. 馃槈馃槈

If you can help me out, please send me a message or post here..

Thanks guys.

Have a wonderful day.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone.

I am looking for a scrap piece of tygon tubing for a test fit of bends in a homemade case I am building.

I just need a one foot scrap piece if you have it laying around of 3/8" I.D x 1/2" O.D. I searched the net, but only find 5 foot and 10 foot lengths and not cheap.

All I need is a foot long piece of scrap tube someone has cut off and don't need to test bends etc. through a case I am building. I am going to use tygon as it does not kink easily around bends and corners.

Anyone got a foot long chunk I can pay shipping for? Not looking to pay $20 for just a test fit and have it not work. 馃槈馃槈

If you can help me out, please send me a message or post here..

Thanks guys.

Have a wonderful day.

Or even a piece of 9mm I.D. X 12MM O.D. will works guys. A foot maybe even two foot if you got a scrap piece laying around. No idea where my scraps went I had

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or even a piece of 9mm I.D. X 12MM O.D. will works guys. A foot maybe even two foot if you got a scrap piece laying around. No idea where my scraps went I had

Ok, anyone tell me where I can get just a foot online? I have searched but only find 5 or 10 feet. Don't need that much for test fit for routing in a case I'm building.

Thanks guys.

Registered
I think shipping would cost as much as just going to home depot and buying a foot of some regular hose. I really don't see it being much different.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think shipping would cost as much as just going to home depot and buying a foot of some regular hose. I really don't see it being much different.
Yeah I thought about that too. I had some tygon that bent pretty drastically without a kink. That was the only reason I was thinking tygon tube. I didn't think they would have tygon. But I will go check today. I know regular poly tube won't take the design I'm going with. It's a mod case just to be on the outrageous. Only reason. Thank you for your lead on Lowes. :)

Registered
They make spiral things that go around the tube to keep it from kinking.

Turtle Lives Matter
I have recently used the 3/8 ID vinyl tubing from Lowe's. I doubt it would bend with how thick the wall is. It's dirt cheap and available in various lengths. It fit on some old 3/8 barbs perfectly. I think it's normally used for dishwashers or aquariums or something but I used it to rebuild an old Asetek AIO.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have recently used the 3/8 ID vinyl tubing from Lowe's. I doubt it would bend with how thick the wall is. It's dirt cheap and available in various lengths. It fit on some old 3/8 barbs perfectly. I think it's normally used for dishwashers or aquariums or something but I used it to rebuild an old Asetek AIO.
Yep just went and looked. That tube is no way going to work. Back to looking for tygon.

Registered
Maybe see what they have at local autoparts stores, Tygon is used for low pressure fuel and brake lines, so you might find something similar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts