Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not much of a modder, but I remember having this idea before and discussing it with some of my modding friends... Mostly, the general thoughts were that it would be too small. But with possible expansion of the X-box (i.e., basicly making it taller), would this be possible? I don't see why not. It would no doubt be awesomely amazing, any ideas?

Sorry if this should be in hardware mods instead of Case Mods, since it's not really a case mod...

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Impossible, no board support for the chip. The Xbox Mobo isnt Windows Capatable, as i *think* it has its own diffrent bios and such.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Yea it should be but youd have to use onboard graphics unless u make a cut in the case....gor the grpahics card, and i think it should work with a Micro ATX motherboard...

this would mean stripping everything out of the Xbox.....

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I think you could use a MicroATX board with a mobile proc such as a turion or Pentium M, since you gould get by with a smaller HSF. I don;t thin it would be a problem with integrated video and sound, since no expansion cards would be needed. Of course it wouldn;t be an awesome PC, but it would be cool nonetheless.....

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UberN00B

Impossible, no board support for the chip. The Xbox Mobo isnt Windows Capatable, as i *think* it has its own diffrent bios and such.

I think he meant using the xBox as a case....since he was speaking of dimensions and not compatibility issues....

·
Registered
219 Posts
yeah.. already been done, all you have to do is get a gfx card made for those flat dell desktops...the ones this the short pci slot things.. and also i was thinking.. becaseu i never use my 360 i might put my old computer in it =\\ but well see
..might buy another befroe i do it though -trey

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
if you cant mod it enough to fit in the standard xbox case, you can always buy an xbox xtender

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by J3r3my

Youd need smaller than a micro ATX board. Youd have to get an ITX board or something.

yeah, you may be right...i would get socket 754 and put in a turion ML-40 and rouck out.....overclock that beast to teh max and still keep it cold.....but that is me...i may actually try that for the HTPC i'm building next summer...or in an old vcr casing...lol....well..night guys, i ahve class in the morningl....cheers...

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
With that you could acually get a graphics card in their, but it would probley have to be an ati because they don't draw as much power ro give off as much heat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut

if you cant mod it enough to fit in the standard xbox case, you can always buy an xbox xtender

1 - 13 of 13 Posts