Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, i heard people saying that x-box has better graphics than PS2. is this true or are they about the same in that category. trying to decide which consle will be better in the long run. love fighting, action and first person shotters.

thanks

·
Banned
2,363 Posts
welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!

i reckon they have about the same graphics and i would choose a ps2 cause they have way more games and you can play ps1 games to

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddy Daddy

hi there, i heard people saying that x-box has better graphics than PS2. is this true or are they about the same in that category. trying to decide which consle will be better in the long run. love fighting, action and first person shotters.

thanks

IMO the Xbox is capapble of have better graphics than the PS2, but I haven't seen very many games that look that much better. I still like the PS2 better because they have a better variety of games out than the Xbox, plus Xbox dosen't have "Socom: US Navy Seals", LOL. Neither one of them can compare to the graphics on a PC though.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

if your an ATi Fan go with GAMECUBE! I <3 my GC.

get the xbox without a doubt ,ps2 graphics look dated,

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
I have all three systems. Without question, the XBox has the best graphics. It is not even a close contest, and it should be obvious as to why: the XBox simply has the most powerful hardware of any console out there today. GameCube has the second best graphics, and the PS2 has the worst graphics.

Also, since this is a forum largely populated by modders, it is worth noting that the XBox is the most moddable console out today. PS2s can be modded and have scene support too, but it's more difficult than an XBox (I had no problem with the XBox, I had to get professional help with the PS2; you need to be a soldering god.) and scene support for the XBox is huge because it is essentially a Windows PC. For example, do a Google search for XBMC (XBox Media Center) to see a killer app for the XBox that is 100% free.

But ultimately, you should always pick a system for the games you want to play. There are not too many platform specific games anymore (thankfully), but that's where you should focus. E.g., if you simply must play Fable or Doom 3, then an XBox is for you. If you must play Final Fantasy X or Jak and Daxter, then a PS2 is for you. But if your main focus is EA Sports games which are on every platform, then just pick the one with the best graphics, or price, or whatever your main constraint is.

Regarding the GTA:San Andreas comment: It is true that this is on PS2 only at the moment (and is fun as hell, by the way), but it is a good bet that it will be on XBox eventually. GTA3 and Vice City were both ported, and the graphics were phenominally better than the PS2 version. (It's amazing what enabling progressive scan output will do.) So unless you really need to play it TODAY, I wouldn't make that the deciding factor. You could always pick up the GTA double pack on the XBox and play it in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Xbox was only good because of Halo- but that sucked horrible, if there wasnt halo there wouldnt be XboX.

Halo Sucks! w00t

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Ok, I will say it does matter what type of game you like. do you like RPG's(PS2) FPS (Xbox...Halo/Halo2) or the failure known as gamecube which has yet to produce a decent game that couldn't be played on the other systems.

I naturally choose PS2 because I am an RPG type of guy, though the last game I bought for it was FFX which was around the time PS2 came out... I'm just now a PC type of guy... 15 days till nov 15th and WoW (World of Warcraft) comes out!!!111oneoneone

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmiley

Ok, I will say it does matter what type of game you like. do you like RPG's(PS2) FPS (Xbox...Halo/Halo2)

Best RPG of last year was Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Can't get it on a PS2.

Of course, the PC has more and better entries in both of these genres.

Quote:

or the failure known as gamecube which has yet to produce a decent game that couldn't be played on the other systems.

Is it a failure? Of course, but because of Nintendo's bad marketing, not because of the games. Mario Sunshine, StarFox Adventures, Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Rogue Squadron II, Pikmin, Super Monkey Ball...all of these are games that got really good reviews and are not available on any other platform. Too many snob gamers think that these are just kiddie games however, and stupid Nintendo does nothing to dispel that misguided perception. Nintendo had better step up and start working on that kiddie image, or they are going to die as a company once the PSP starts eating away at their GameBoy cash cow.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
The X Box has better Graphics and for your Genre of games it would be ideal. However if you like multiplayer games most of the online games for the PS2 are free for online play in stread of paying $50.00/yr for online with X Box.

My recommendation avoid buying a console and patiently wait for the games you want to come out on PC, the PC has the best of everything.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400
PS2 all the way... GT4, enough said....
GT4 is the reason I bought a PS2. I think the PS2 is a better console. Reveres compatibility is a big plus.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
i have both, and Xbox is definatly faster and has better graphics. the PS2 is cool because u get GTA always first and has a ton of games. the Xbox has way more flexibility and will last longer then the ps2. heck, i am counting the hours till halo 2 cuase its sweeeeet. xbox has more complex games too that can be bigger and better

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSman

GT4 is the reason I bought a PS2. I think the PS2 is a better console. Reveres compatibility is a big plus.

I used to think that too, but I can count the number of PS1 games I have played on my PS2 on one hand. They were all games I was in the middle of when I got my PS2.

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtypin View Post
Go with the XBox obviously! I heard Halo 2 is supposed to be great! when is it going to drop again?

5 Year late bump for this pointless thread. I wonder how many people took time to highlight and try to read what this says?

^^^HIGH LIGHT^^^
... I don't see why you bumped it?

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
I thought after I highlighted I'd know why, but nope. He knew he was bumping it, and for seemingly no reason.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.