Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cheap 400w crapped out on me so i'm going to get a new power supply, i'm kinda of limited on money and i wouldn't like to spend over $100 and that would include getting a powersupply and sleeving it. i like the look of the x-connect moded window power supplies, this power supply, http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=373028

but i was wondering how the preformance of it was, if anyone knows if this powersupply can handle my computer (look below) and if it will fluctuate a lot please leave a reply because i'm looking at purchasing it within the next day

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shbevan
my cheap 400w crapped out on me so i'm going to get a new power supply, i'm kinda of limited on money and i wouldn't like to spend over $100 and that would include getting a powersupply and sleeving it. i like the look of the x-connect moded window power supplies, this power supply, http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=373028

but i was wondering how the preformance of it was, if anyone knows if this powersupply can handle my computer (look below) and if it will fluctuate a lot please leave a reply because i'm looking at purchasing it within the next day
The Xconnect will do you fine. We have similar setups and mine handles my system pefectly while pupmping 3.1v on the mem, and 1.8v on the cpu, I still havent see it drop under 12.0v not even under load, and the 3.3v never moves, If I say 3.1v it sticks that 3.1v there for good.

I also have 2 80mm in the back, 1 120mm intake in the front, 2 120mm on the radiator, and 4 cold cathodes.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
That's the one I'm hopin to get when the money truck finally comes around to hit me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus
That's the one I'm hopin to get when the money truck finally comes around to hit me.
lol yea spending 100 bucks is squeezing it off for me, and i'm spending that much because i want a powersupply that won't crap out (like my old cheap one) and i want one that looks nice, like my cheap one that i spend 4 hours sleeving rofl, whoa if i only knew what time i was wasting then
not to mention the 30 bucks i wasted on sleeving it

rofl and my current 400w is so bad the 12v rail averages 11.7 and sometimes drops to like 11.2 (according to mbm)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts