Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the X-FI xtrememusic sound card, I hear it only has an analogue input or something? Would I be better off getting an Audigy 2 Zs to get digital input. I'm looking to pair one of these cards with a decent 5.1 setup of speakers, that probably have digital input?

Anyway, I'm a complete noob when it comes to this stuff, so any help is really appreciated

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nah man the X-fi has a digital output. I dont know if thats what you meant or not. You could definately get the X-fi platinum edition and have the many digital and analong input/outputs in a 3.5" bay. I reccomend the Logitech Z-5500's. Thats what i have and they are SWEET! Haha. One more thing, in order to use the digital output, you have to disable your decoder on the sound card with the speakers above. This is because the speakers "control center" has their own decoder. They both work sweetly. Digital is not that much better than the analog 6ch output. Most noticable time you could hear the difference is if you are using optical connections. Those are amazing!

Good luck,

BumBum

EDIT: I am pretty much a hard-core audiophile. (Hence my little title dealie) :p

·
Premium Member
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I was really looking into the Z-5500's. They seem like they are awsome.

So would you recommend the X-FI strongly over the Audigy 2 ZS?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Definately. My Audigy 2 Zs is adequate but i have listened to Dopin_Nut's X-fi and it sounds amazing. It corrects overly-bassy music and the crystalizer really gets the job done. The different modes of the card like "entertainment mode, gaming mode etc." are pretty neat. I really havnt noticed a huge difference because i dont have one and i havnt experimented that much, but i imagine it must have some sort of a purpose.

So yes, i would strongly reccomend the X-fi over the ZS. :p

-BumBum

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Mumbles

Actually I was really looking into the Z-5500's. They seem like they are awsome.

So would you recommend the X-FI strongly over the Audigy 2 ZS?

Having recenty purchased an X-Fi, I can say that nothing even compares to it.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Mumbles

For the X-FI xtrememusic sound card, I hear it only has an analogue input or something? Would I be better off getting an Audigy 2 Zs to get digital input. I'm looking to pair one of these cards with a decent 5.1 setup of speakers, that probably have digital input?

Anyway, I'm a complete noob when it comes to this stuff, so any help is really appreciated

X-fi is by far supior to the audigy 2 zs or any other soundcard....and x-fi has digital input

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Yes..
Its true.
If you know how to use the settings properly.
You can make pretty much any MP3/DVD/CD sound AMaaaaaaaaaaaaazing even if the mp3 etc is of low quality.

·
Registered
564 Posts
It's gorgeous =) Also great for recording.
I bought the Music version, and the Pro Box, it looks and feels like a pro piece of Hi-Fi equipment, and sounds crisp and clear. Even on lower end 5.1 creative speakers, Battlefield II sounds amazing... The box adds so much connectivity, sure it costs a bit, but as a guitarist, it sounds awesome to plug the guitar straight in, and it sounds so nice. Headphones with the CMSS Simulated speaker surround sound great, especially when combined with the 24 bit Crystalliser, 3d on cheap MP3 player headphones is fun =)
Awesome card, awesome sounds, turns you into and Audiophile =)

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
on the back of the z-5500s, for the digital input would you want coax or optical? someone pick me out something from wal mart please lol, i dont like analogue..

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
You need analoge to get 5.1 in games.
If you dont have analoge you will only get the stereo experience.
Which kinda ruins the whole point of a good sound card IMO.
And optical is good if there is a lot of electronics in the area LoL.
Tho I use my coaxial for my system currently and I hear no distortion of any sort.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts