Overclock.net banner

x-fi xtrememusic problems

548 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  jmacguire
So I got my xtreme music in the mail today and I am having some problems with the consoles.

It seems that only the audio creation mode wants to load it's console. If i select game mode or entertainment mode I get an error saying

"The console for the current mode of your audio device cannot be launched. The console may not be installed, or may not be installed properly on your system. You may need to re-install the console."

I tried to uninstall everything and reinstall..no luck though.

Any ideas?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Did you get the Latest driver?
Did you let Creative update run?
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzbane
View Post

So I got my xtreme music in the mail today and I am having some problems with the consoles.

It seems that only the audio creation mode wants to load it's console. If i select game mode or entertainment mode I get an error saying

"The console for the current mode of your audio device cannot be launched. The console may not be installed, or may not be installed properly on your system. You may need to re-install the console."

I tried to uninstall everything and reinstall..no luck though.

Any ideas?

Did you install from the disc provided? I downloaded just the most recent drivers from Creative's site, and then let their auto Creative Software AutoUpdater do the rest. I chose the latest version of the console launcher, and MediaSource, and the three other downloads that pertained to me.

My Xtreme Music is working awesomely...that's an understatement...well let's just say I can't stop smiling...I was brought to tears of joys on a few occasions so far...
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demented
View Post

Did you install from the disc provided? I downloaded just the most recent drivers from Creative's site, and then let their auto Creative Software AutoUpdater do the rest. I chose the latest version of the console launcher, and MediaSource, and the three other downloads that pertained to me.

My Xtreme Music is working awesomely...that's an understatement...well let's just say I can't stop smiling...I was brought to tears of joys on a few occasions so far...

You lucky I ordered mine the 26th and still haven't gotten mine, from the amazon deal
. Should be tomorrow. I ordered from kentucky which is close too.

To OP latest drivers?
See less See more
I am using the newest driver...but when I tried running the software updater previously it wouldn't find any updates =/

Ive been using the disc..ill just uninstall everything again and just run the driver download like Demented did and see how it goes.

edit: got it working, thanks all!
For others in this thread:

If you are having problems autoupdating with the Creative drivers, and are using a 64 bit system or Windows 7, try this:

go here:

"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Creative\\Shared Files\\Software Update\\AutoUpdateA.exe"

right click that shortcut and change its properties, and choose to run it as administrator. Then change your shortcut in the start menu from:
"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Creative\\Shared Files\\Software Update\\AutoUpdate.exe"
to autoupdateA.exe

without it, the autoupdater fails.

Cheers,
Jerry Macguire
See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.