Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT: I updated member list if I saw new people who specifically asked to be added. While going through and making sure I had everyone, I noticed a few sig rigs had changed for some members. So, if you were a member, but have since changed cards and no longer want to to be in this club, then please either PM me or reply to this thread asking to be taken off the list.

I also added a link for the SB X-Fi Series AuzenUAA Pack 1.5, courtesy of kpo6969

I did a search to see if a club for this card existed, and came up empty, so thought I would start one, especially with quite a few members having taken advantage of the Amazon.com deal.

I upgraded from an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum to this card, and was BLOWN AWAY! Now I know that there are some better versions of the X-Fi, as well as some die-hard audiophiles on here that surely have better ways to please their ears, but I think everyone would agree it's a damn nice card!

EDIT:

In order to avoid confusion from this point on, if your card does not look like this:

or this:

do not ask to be added. I am trying to make this a simple club for the owners of the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic PCI sound card. If we all have the same card, then we all can share info/issues better.

So, post your name and whether you want to be in the 'club' or not. (Since it seems there is still some confusion on whether people want to be members or not, I've taken the liberty to add you automatically if you post that you 'bought' the card 'have' the card, or have it shown in your Sig Rig.

You can feel free to add the following sig link:

X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound Card Club

Code:

Code:
[CODE]
:thumbsups [URL="http://tinyurl.com/yggzjmw"][b] X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound Card Club[/b][/URL] :thumbsups
[/CODE]

Important Links:

Creative's X-Fi XtremeMusic Support Page

Daniel K Support Pack 2.0 Drivers for X-Fi XtremeMusic

Youp Pax X-Fi XtremeMusic Drivers - (Link Updated 7-18-2011)

SB X-Fi Series AuzenUAA Pack 1.5 (02/20/2010) - Added 4-11-11

CK's X-fi Sound Tweak Guide! (Big and Long and Informative!) - created by OCN member chinesekiwi.

Incredible X-Fi Mod (Will void your warranty)

X-Fi Mode Changer (XFMC) version 1.7 Build 21 - This is AWESOME! It allows you simple access to change between the three modes (Entertainment, Game, and Audio Creation). It also has profile settings, so that you can determine what programs make it AUTOMATICALLY switch to the mode you want. Absolutely amazing, and I can confirm that it works flawlessly on Win 7 x64.

Member List
  1. Demented
  2. dieanotherday
  3. flushentitypacket
  4. Dilyn
  5. Swiftes
  6. Snowblind
  7. waqasr
  8. Jtwizzle
  9. kpo6969 (not confirmed)
  10. hydroman (not confirmed)
  11. RallyMaster
  12. Riou
  13. AKIMbO
  14. Afrodisiac
  15. ImmortalKenny
  16. I AM TEH LAW GIVAH
  17. D3TH.GRUNT
  18. Su77en187
  19. opty165
  20. STDSkillz
  21. psi_guy
  22. bumsoil
  23. StevieRayVaughan
  24. egerds
  25. Messymitch503
  26. Zippit
  27. Brutuz
  28. fireman
  29. BPAMD4LIFE
  30. cerealk1ll3r - SPECIAL NOTE: Without this member posting the deal in the Online Deals section, some of us might never have known the truly awesome power of this card!
  31. BlackOmega
  32. Semper Fidelis
  33. Slayem
  34. cory1234
  35. Matt*S.
  36. FerdinandII
  37. qTAP
  38. thecool85
  39. whistler4ever
  40. -bl4ck-
  41. Ross_uk
  42. wolzen
  43. killin
  44. sugarton
  45. Vermillion
  46. Gangleri
  47. wedda
  48. pipnasty
  49. Philbar71
  50. yawnbox
  51. xdaseinx
  52. spiderm0nkey
  53. Scart
  54. TurboHertz
  55. Danbeme32
  56. askthem1

·
Premium Member
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dieanotherday View Post
Lol i just bought it,

tell me how much improvement I can expect by going from Realtek HD to Xtrememusic
I'd say you can expect to be blown away. The Audigy card I had was a pretty damn good card, and like I said, it was amazing the difference. Sounds are just sharper, crisper, and just vivid, though I know that's usually a word to describe visuals.

Before I installed it, I played the Assault level of Crysis, which on my Audigy was freaking sweet. On the X-Fi, it was jaw dropping. I was just grinning as I heard explosions all around me, and the crisp sounds of dirt and shrapnel hitting the ground.

Then I watched Transformers first scene, and was again hearing every nuance of techno metal sound. The ripple of glass that explodes in the tower in that scene, sounded like it was all over my desk. Every click of a transformation was perfectly positioned to sound better than I had ever heard it before. If I wasn't so tired right now, I'd be watching the Matrix Trilogy.

Simply amazing. Damn, I sound like a serious fanboi!

·
Premium Member
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danker16 View Post
you should have bought a Xonar!
Could I have gotten a Xonar for $30 shipped?
Kthxbye

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiggy2k7 View Post
Is this a decent card ???

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...source=froogle
EDIT: Um, can we stay on topic here. This is basically a place for people to share their love for the X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card.

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
I wanted to take advantage of the Amazon deal. But they don't take PayPal. RARRRGH!!

So I'm searching frantically on Ebay for cheap ones, or on here.
Finding them all over Ebay really cheap, but then of course the price goes up $50 bucks by the time it's the last three hours of the sale. And of course, I'm at school at that time as well :\\
The Extreme Gamer should count in here

Aren't they basically the same card, except the Extreme Music can be modded and has digital input? Could be wrong but hey. That's me. The not so audio-savvy guy

·
Junglist
7,234 Posts
Love mine, paired with Youp Pax drivers

·
Premium Member
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiftes View Post
Love mine, paired with Youp Pax drivers

I'm pretty happy with the drivers from Creative, but what sort of advantage do the Youp Pax drivers add? I have heard good things about them.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sign me up! I also took advantage of the Amazon deal. The free shipping is taking forever though

I'm looking at pairing it with a Logitech Z-5500 surround system. I'm expecting great things.

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmacguire View Post
This is not a Hijacking.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Creative-Sound-B...item5884b1f359

great seller and fast delivery. Is this the card you are referring to?

Cheers,
Jerry Macguire

Yes that is the card.

I'm extremely tempted to buy it naow.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Im in, i love my Xtreme Music. Now i just need to mod it and im set..Also im intrigued with these Youp Pax drivers, what kind of improvements do they add?

·
Banned
414 Posts
YouPax drivers suck. The author has made some .ini modifications and a few tweaks he copies from others (which is his "right" in the public modding community I guess), but he has no idea what he is changing or why. Simply read his readme file, and you will see that he writes like a child, and blames it on his "learning deficiency". He often brags that his drivers add "more better sound to it" and "I fix tomorrow when my mom come home and let me use her computer".

Try the Daniel K 2.0 support pack found here, and then overlay the newest Creative drivers on top of it after installation.

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-...09/td-p/527485

Cheers to you all,
jmacguire

·
Banned
414 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiggy2k7 View Post
Ive thought a lot about getting a sound card but im scared if i buy one i wont beable to tell the difference from my onboard and i'll have wasted my money
OH MY GOD. Tell your wife and kids to be ready for a silly look on your face, when you fire up that card and hear how music should be heard. The difference is night and day. To all those that will respond and say, "I have used onboard for years, and its fine." Well there you go, they havent used a real sound card. For $40-$60 dollars what do you have to lose?

I bought my original AWE64 gold card in the mid 90s for $235 and thought I would cry then over how much better it sounded than my ESS onboard audio.

Cheers,
jmacguire

·
Registered
512 Posts
Had mine for 5 years now. When I built my new rig, I updated to a soundblaster fatality and gave my xtreme music to my brother. I was totally unimpressed with the fatality, so I returned and got my money back, and bought me another xtreme music for $40

1 - 20 of 276 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.